IWBUMS 41.55 released

Batsphinx

On 10/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sedgwick said:

I'm still seeing a lot of this. Zombies rotating 180 degrees while on the ground, rotating while I'm hitting them, and the occasional flipping zombie, where they kind of flop up into the air and then land facing the opposite way, usually resulting in my smacking their feet instead of their head. I've not noticed it any better, I'm getting it with regular frequency. Unless their were other instances that were fixed of this, it seems just as rampant as it did before. There was a bug report issue for it here where I've also included an older video, 41.50, where I had the air flipping happen, no video of the rotating while on the ground though.

2 hours ago, Zed McJack said:

I had this situation today. It might have something with tight places as it happened in such place for my case.

Yeah, a few instances are still there - for me the most easy to reproduce one is when my weapon of choice is a Frying pan. What weapons do you use, peeps?

It is already important that a homemade spear (weighing 1.7 kg) is made from a strong stick (weighing 1.5 kg). At the same time, in loot, you can find a wooden spear that has a different look in the inventory (weighing 1.3 kg).
It seems to me that a wooden spear is more correct in terms of weight.

4 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Yeah, a few instances are still there - for me the most easy to reproduce one is when my weapon of choice is a Frying pan. What weapons do you use, peeps?

I've been using a crowbar on the studio challenge, so I'm in combat a lot every day. I probably see this half a dozen times an in game day. In my old 41.50 games I was mostly using a machete or 2-handed axe and saw it with some regularity.

4 hours ago, Sedgwick said:

I've been using a crowbar on the studio challenge, so I'm in combat a lot every day. I probably see this half a dozen times an in game day. In my old 41.50 games I was mostly using a machete or 2-handed axe and saw it with some regularity.

I've ran into this issue in the past myself, not noticed any pattern in terms of which weapon I use.

Yesterday I decided it was time to visit the military base on the vanilla map. Playing at 41.55 I haven't been on the base yet.
I play without any mods.
I hitched one van to another and drove off.
Towing another car along a forest road is just a torment. I drove for a very long time, because towing on a dirt road is normally possible only in first gear on this patch. When switching to second gear, the car slows down to a complete stop.
I was glad that I had brought food and water with me.
And yet it was still necessary to return.
I hope that the developers will fix the towing system in the next patch.

Edited by vek

• 2 weeks later...

haha died a few times towing other cars offroad. seems more realistic now. Be ready when offroad will have more new bush/trees  growing, It will be a hell. When I found this 500+hp muscle car, it can tow anything anywhere. only problem is, when a truck is towing the muscle car it will be struggling. So, not sure what happened there. :)

Gave it a shot.  Was fun.    Now my safehouse has weapons displayed on tables,   which looks cool.     Sounds were fun.    I suspect many of the sounds were designed to have zombie like noises embedded in them.     Or maybe that's just me getting used to them but they made me a little paranoid.

As mentioned above towing a car with an average truck did seem different / slower but I suspect it's engine quality related.

Engine quality may play a part, like inflated tyres but I don't think it's the entire story as I've had 100 engine quality vehicles that struggled to tow a Dart (which could tow the bigger vehicle a lot easier). It does seem that vehicles that are better at towing do tend to be harder to tow.

I do hope it gets improved in the update.

Edited by gromit

Hey, everyone. I'm really interested in start playing this game, but I wanna know if in this new build, the multiplayer mode through Steam is available. So, my question is, can I play PZ with my friends with the multiplayer mode?

1 hour ago, rennll said:

Hey, everyone. I'm really interested in start playing this game, but I wanna know if in this new build, the multiplayer mode through Steam is available. So, my question is, can I play PZ with my friends with the multiplayer mode?

Not yet.  They are still working through bugs.  Check the thursday dev diaries for updates.  

On 10/23/2021 at 6:40 AM, rennll said:

Just use build 40 and you should be fine to start with PZ. 

• MadDan unpinned this topic