VHS: Home

Sinreal

I've run into a situation twice where, I'll be looting, and I'll find a VHS Tape called "VHS: Home". I'll store it, close the game, and when I repoen the game, the VHS tape is a different name. In this particular case, it's now called "Home VHS: Magical Woodland Fox"

I haven't tried playing "VHS: Home" on the TV, but next opportunity I get I'll try it and report back

I'm having this exact same problem; some VHS sometimes spawn as "VHS - Home", but... When I close and relaunch the game, they change.

I once went on a loot run on WP, and got like 7 of those "VHS - Home" tapes, none of which would play. But, after a while, I noticed they all took names, and now only one's left, and it gives an error (red box on corner) when I try to play it.

console.txt

Console logs here.

Edit: Forgot to mention I've had this issue since patch 54, so it's not something that came with patch 55.

Edited by Blake81

Got this bug with VHS - Home on 41.55 patch. Errors(two per action) appearing not only when trying to insert cassette, but when even just LMB/RMB clicking on VHS slot in the TV. Latest patch(41.55), some mods(mostly vehicles). After relaunch nothing changed.

Have found VHS- Home in patch 41.55 too. It was my first VHS I ever found, so I tried to play it. ERROR and then interacting with it in the inventory gave me errors. But I do think after reloading the save it was replaced with something else. Not sure since I have not touched VHS's since it gave me errors.

Collected a few VHS and CD's, but why even play them? Have not found a skill one yet but allot of kids birthday VHS's.

I get back if I find the VHS- Home in my VHS stash still. But I bet it fixed itself after reloading the save file or something.  Found this VHS- Home close to my spawn home in Mudguard on the first day. Running Sandbox with "normal" loot spawn. Only got the cheat menu mod running since IWBUMS. Running PZ in Debug mode is a bit to much so a cheat menu is nice to have if something buggy happens.  

• 3 weeks later...

In my spawn home I got the VHS-Home on my first boot up to the new patch. Never found it outside of mudguard spawn homes. But have not been around allot lately since I'm waiting for curved roads! Learning the road networks right now makes no sense. Deadly to screw up in cars. 

I can not say that it brakes anything. Even now Gromit imply that?

Just bumping the bug as the patches go by.

As I've said above: "VHS: Home" is a legacy name and these objects should not spawn in game afaik. All the tapes should have names like "Home VHS: Magical Woodland Fox" now. Are you playing on the latest? Are you using any mods? Did you start a new game or is this on a save continued from a previous version?

I play without mods. The world was created on October 09 according to the then current version, probably 41.55
I've already found a lot of cassettes. Of these, I recently came across three with the name "VHS: Home", which cannot be viewed.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually found one of these VHS tapes as well. I do play with mods, but afaik none of them add VHS tapes to the game. I never tried watching it though, I just put it in a bookshelf.

EDIT: I'm currently playing on 41.56. The VHS tape names did not change when exiting and reloading the save, and they can't be put into the TV. I found a second one later on in the game, but since I couldn't do anything with them I just dropped them outside.

Edited by Jesse