soft crash bug

fleshy man creature

so i noticed since the update 41.53 and now to 41.54 that if i use nividas overlay to record my game the game will soft crash to the menu. i tried this on modded and unmodded files to be sure it is the overlay before coming here and i'm almost 75% sure it is the overlay i didnt have this in builds prehand to 41.53 and would like to know if anyone else had this issue i have the driver update to date on my pc and i have a 1660 gtx if that helps any

You could share your "logs.zip" file after the crash found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"
Though if it is specifically the overlay causing the crash there might not be much we can do, I would probably recommend changing the game settings from Fullscreen to Windowed or Borderless to help prevent the crash.

24-09-21_23-42-51_DebugLog.txt

3 hours ago, Beard said:

You could share your "logs.zip" file after the crash found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"
Though if it is specifically the overlay causing the crash there might not be much we can do, I would probably recommend changing the game settings from Fullscreen to Windowed or Borderless to help prevent the crash.

i could try borderless window mode. i am not seeing much on a crash file, i'm not sure if one would be written due to the fact it only boots me back to the main menu each time

i also noted that higher zombie counts seem to speed up the time between crashs

i tried changing settings and fps still crashing the second i turn on recording this log set (hopefully it put them all) was generated after words 

24-09-21_23-48-06_ZombieSpawn.txt 24-09-21_23-48-03_client chat Bob.txt 24-09-21_23-45-53_DebugLog.txt

Edited by fleshy man creature
more info