Player Goals Get Bonuses

OxManZomboid

As the title states I think this game would benefit with something that lets players set goals as a mechanic in game.

how do you do this though?

I was thinking about it and maybe there are a good amount of ways to do this, but one that came to mind was when I was right clicking on a door i wanted to disassemble.

I had no hammer ect, so it would be cool if in the future we could put a star or something on that option (kind of like favoriting an action)

now when we find the corresponding item maybe it could have a star on it, or have a green highlight or something showing us that the item is used for that previous task.

I think you could have bonuses also by completing your own goals.

perhaps your mood increases or somethiing like that.

naturally you have to think of ways to avoid exploiting this sort of thing, but idk I feel like the game lets you make your own goals already so adding some features to bolster this could be cool!

Have you been playing the free release of Sheltered on epic games also?

It has a neat system for identifying items you want by flagging them should you, the player, flag the item you want to construct, so any time you come across an item you need, it is flagged so you don't leave it behind as presumed junk, or something you may not realize is something you need.

3 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

Have you been playing the free release of Sheltered on epic games also?

It has a neat system for identifying items you want by flagging them should you, the player, flag the item you want to construct, so any time you come across an item you need, it is flagged so you don't leave it behind as presumed junk, or something you may not realize is something you need.

Never tried it but to tell you the truth that’s no so much what I’m looking for persay.

there is a mod that lets you favorite stuff already which is good and all,

I want them to use a system like that where the player is drawn to the objectives they set in a more active way.

possibly with a reward for completing certain tasks like mood buff or something like tgat

I got ya. Goals set within the games framework with some kind of reward at the end beyond pure roleplay.

Set a goal, fuck up a few times, hide the evidence you tried, put down for a bit, pick up again, complete, then get paid. 

I like, so long as the reward isn't overly imbalancing or anu type of physical loot outside, perhaps, an overly complicated crafting task that perhaps produces a marginally superior result.(slightly longer lasting baseballbat, a door with a bit more hp, food recipie that adds a slight fatigue respite like coffee does, an unlimited ammo autodefense turret, etc)