post-2289-0-11591600-1386453979_thumb.pn

Greetings, post-apocalyptic gourmet. Here's my (technically) first mod at pz forums.

This mod rebalances the process of cooking soup, so that it's more realistic and complex.

> Cooking soup became more realistic, complex and feels more like cooking

> Secondary soup ingredients list has been considerably extended.

> Soup can now be made from the products of farming

> Eating soup uncooked will impact your health

> Custom icons, 2 secret soup recipes

And more!

Extended description can be found in readme.txt

My goal in making mods is making them as suitable for vanilla gameplay as possible

Your feedback and (constructive) criticism are very important to me

Download: http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/SoupOverhaul/

post-2289-0-09406000-1386500388_thumb.jp

post-2289-0-16504800-1386500473_thumb.jp

post-2289-0-28589600-1386500858_thumb.jp

post-2289-0-55149000-1386500481_thumb.jp

post-2289-0-42174400-1386500487_thumb.jp

Hi. I was checking your recipes.txt and i found that at the simple soup recipe missed a comma on the third ingredient. Maybe this is causing issues. Check it.

I just checked it and all commas are there ^^. Besides, simple soup doesn't even have the third ingredient, it's 2.

The mod works just fine for me. What "issues" are you experiencing?

UPD: found the missing comma. It was in tasty soup and in another file. Reuploaded the mod

Thanks for feedback! Much appreciated

Known issues/inconveniences:

recipes.txt file that comes with my mod will replace yours. This is because of a bug with modloader (don't know how to bypass it at this stage)
What it means is IF you had some recipes inside this file modified, you'll have to copypaste them into the recipes.txt file that comes with my mod.
It's from your readme.txt. I have typed by mistake simple soup -  its not simple soup but tasty soup. Coma isn't there ;-)

EDIT: In the file bouillon.txt - tasty soup recipe - there's dot on the end of the 2nd ing. string. 

Known issues/inconveniences:

recipes.txt file that comes with my mod will replace yours. This is because of a bug with modloader (don't know how to bypass it at this stage)
What it means is IF you had some recipes inside this file modified, you'll have to copypaste them into the recipes.txt file that comes with my mod.
It's from your readme.txt. I have typed by mistake simple soup -  its not simple soup but tasty soup. Coma isn't there ;-)

EDIT: In the file bouillon.txt - tasty soup recipe - there's dot on the end of the 2nd ing. string. 

Thanks, I didn't notice the typo in recipes.txt at first.

All fixed now and updated

• 1 month later...

Breaks the ability to make canned soup?

Making soup is much more difficult and I couldn't use sugar or flour? Or make Tasty/Simple soup anymore?

Very buggy at the moment but it's a cool idea.

Your other mod, the clean dishes one I will keep even though it adds a lot of double context menus to almost everything including non-kitchen stuff. :D Being able to clean used dishes is something that really should be in the core game. Maybe use any clothing, dish cloth/bath towel (multiple cleans) or sheets for this feature?