41.54 - Running/Exhausting ( Walk To ) Exploit

OGGOULET

When you using Walk to and sprinting holding shift, endurance will not drain and will gain ( thinking its walking itstead of running )

Used on vanilla no mods. 

Found out while using Minimal display bar on other save game.

Re-installed only Minimal display for showing purpose for the video

BTW B41.54 is SICK!

Not sure if it is related, or if it's been patched in the last few updates, but using the same ui mod, I noticed that when using the walk to feature at a walking pace, your character doesn't regen fatigue at all like you would walking normally.

I meant to comment on it a while ago, but my good intentions slipped through the cracks. This post triggered that sense of dejavu, but I've been unable to test it yet.

I'll try to remember to post if I do, but I'm on my first day of what will likely become a week long bender of weed and whiskey.

Not the best combination for zomboid, as I've learned far to often.

While we're on the topic of auto-walk, your character also doesn't get exhausted while carrying a heavy load, so you can walk 1km while being extremely encumbered and not get tired. Something else I noticed is that the character doesn't generate any body heat, so using auto walk in winter risks your character getting cold.

updateEndurance is not called during Walk-To actions (including modded ones)

as a consequence no endurance is lost.

xpUpdate.onPlayerMove is also not called.

as a consequence no running /fitness /strength experience is gained.

The problem stands in IsoPlayer.class updateInternal2 method.

I am sure of that because : OnPlayerUpdate is called while OnPlayerMove is not called during walk to actions and both are called while moving with keyboard.

I guess that one of the following conditions is true wich prevents the computation of movement consequences among wich is OnPlayerMove event.

if (this.checkActionsBlockingMovement())
if (this.updateUseKey())

it could also be that the following condition is false

if (this.stateMachine.getCurrent() != StaggerBackState.instance() && this.stateMachine.getCurrent() != FakeDeadZombieState.instance() && UIManager.speedControls != null)

• 2 weeks later...