IWBUMS 41.54 RELEASED

nasKo

57 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

iirc this was done to help modders out with something code-side - these barrels were part of a very old unreleased system that some modders nevertheless use for their stuff. Might have some details wrong on that though - I'll check.

Nevertheless I should have been clearer in the patch notes. Sorry about the confusion on this one :( 

Any chance we can have normal metal barrels (those found in game) serve as storage for Gas? That's one thing we're really missing. We already have two good ways to store water (Rain Barrels and Water Fountains), but none to store Gas (besides gas cans, which aren't very weight-efficient).

14 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Any chance we can have normal metal barrels (those found in game) serve as storage for Gas? That's one thing we're really missing. We already have two good ways to store water (Rain Barrels and Water Fountains), but none to store Gas (besides gas cans, which aren't very weight-efficient).

I think it would be really nice if we could have metal barrels serving as both a water and gas storage, depending on what you choose to put into them.     

The water dispensers, while functional, can look a bit out of place when you want to do something like transport bulk water from a river to your base, for instance. 

12 hours ago, NagashUD said:

Why the cars became so weak ? (playing 6 month after apocalypse and on 41.54 i need to change the car almost everyday now , and i drive carefuly !) :angry:

To not waste ur save, u can temporarily increase the vehicles power to solve this problem (thts what i did for my save). To do this, just go to game folder and change vehicle scripts:

e.g. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\vehicles

Every vehicle has a separate script and u can change horsepower of any:

e.g https://imgur.com/a/SCO51vE

I personally suggest to increase +550hp for heavies +450hp for cars

3 hours ago, ProudNoob said:

To not waste ur save, u can temporarily increase the vehicles power to solve this problem (thts what i did for my save). To do this, just go to game folder and change vehicle scripts:

e.g. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\vehicles

Every vehicle has a separate script and u can change horsepower of any:

e.g https://imgur.com/a/SCO51vE

I personally suggest to increase +550hp for heavies +450hp for cars

Gonna check this, thanks for the tip :D

Yesterday I ran into a problem: taking an antique stove in the inventory, I could not be able to put it on the ground with the appropriate button. Although I made many attempts in different places, even just to throw out the left mouse button, all to no avail. I could only put it in box.

Although the day before, I put up three previously found stoves without any problems.

Edited by vek

3 hours ago, vek said:

Yesterday I ran into a problem: taking an antique stove in the inventory, I could not be able to put it on the ground with the appropriate button. Although I made many attempts in different places, even just to throw out the left mouse button, all to no avail. I could only put it in box.

Although the day before, I put up three previously found stoves without any problems.

Did your char have a Hammer in their MAIN inventory?

16 hours ago, sodogewow said:

Can't play VHS tapes?

So you need a TV that can play VHS and the VHS tape itself. Then you open "Device options" ui, drag the VHS tape into the "Tape" slot. A new popup will appear with the name of this VHS > LMC that to confirm and then hit "Play" in "Device options". 

Hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Итак, вам нужен телевизор, который может воспроизводить VHS и саму кассету VHS. Затем вы открываете интерфейс «Параметры устройства», перетаскиваете ленту VHS в слот «Лента». Появится новое всплывающее окно с именем этого VHS> LMC, которое необходимо подтвердить, а затем нажать «Воспроизвести» в «Параметры устройства». 

Надеюсь это поможет :)

This is exactly how everything works for me without any problems.

Edited by vek

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Did your char have a Hammer in their MAIN inventory?

I don't remember exactly. It's possible. I will try to reproduce this situation tonight and report it here how the presence of a hammer in the main inventory affects the appearance of this problem.

Edited by vek

Along the same lines with the car power nerf I'm having issues being able to tow at all.  Tried modded and unmodded on fresh saves.  I cannot tow in 41.54... unless I'm in reverse in the car being "towed".  In my 41.53 save even though the car power was nerfed I am still able to tow slowly.  It's strange because I hear of others having this issue some aren't like some of the streamers I've watched recently.

10 hours ago, Pandorea said:

So you need a TV that can play VHS and the VHS tape itself. Then you open "Device options" ui, drag the VHS tape into the "Tape" slot. A new popup will appear with the name of this VHS > LMC that to confirm and then hit "Play" in "Device options". 

Hope this helps :)

Looks like one of the mods somehow disables the "tape" slot in the tv, or the tvs that have spawned in the 41.53 version are somehow different. At first I thought it's the VHS mod but turning it off did nothing

19 hours ago, Pandorea said:

У вашего персонажа был Молот в ГЛАВНОМ инвентаре?

Thank you.

It turned out that the problem with the inability to install an antique slab on the ground is really related to the lack of a hammer in the main inventory. He was in a backpack at the time.
With the help of hammers, the furnaces are installed without problems.
But I must say that the mandatory presence of a hammer in the main inventory is not at all obvious to install the stove.

Edited by vek

This build is AMAZING. I've been playing for years but made a forum account today to thank you for your hard work and dedication to the game over the years.

My suggestion/request for when you have the time is a fix for 3D Item placement on Controller to allow us to use the right stick to place 3D items anywhere in the tile like on Mouse & Keyboard, rather than only the center.
I read the patch notes so I know it's functioning as intended but would make a huge difference for us Co/Op Slit Screen players!

17 hours ago, sodogewow said:

Looks like one of the mods somehow disables the "tape" slot in the tv, or the tvs that have spawned in the 41.53 version are somehow different. At first I thought it's the VHS mod but turning it off did nothing

Interesting, have you tried all the differnt types of TVs? Also, this was not a feature in 41.53; does it work in the latest?

Loving the update so far! I wanted to provide some constructive criticism on the sounds I noticed.

The tree chopping sound to me sounds a bit “hollow” or “echoey”. Almost like the tree is a bit hollow and I personally feel like it should be a bit more of a deadening thud. 

I also made a report that that the car sounds while driving with the Sunday Driver trait are stuck at a high RPM. Hopefully that could be balanced to provide a lower RPM sound since Sunday Driver’s aren’t known for being pedal to the metal drivers. 

Overall I’m having a blast experiencing the new immersion! 

12 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Interesting, have you tried all the differnt types of TVs? Also, this was not a feature in 41.53; does it work in the latest?

Hey, so it looks like not any mods at fault, it might be something to do with my current world being started at 41.53. I created two worlds today to test it with the same mods I have in my current run, and TVs have the VHS slot. Can someone, who started their world at 41.53 confirm it?

I'm playing now at 41.54.

1. The sound of the helicopter seems to me to have become better.
2. I can't find a single double-barreled rifle. For 50+ hours of playing, I found 14 shotguns and not a single one of my favorite double-barreled shotguns. I searched every house in Muldraugh and a sawmill with a factory to the west of the city, killed 2000 zombies and survived the arrival of a helicopter. The police station was cleared first of all. In 41.53, which I played recently, I found more double-barreled shotguns than shotguns. Is it my bad luck, or have you reconfigured something?
3. I saw a message here from the developers that perhaps the weapon should be made more rare. Personally, I do not agree with this, in my opinion this should not be done, but if you do, then you need to radically increase the endurance of the weapon, maybe even 10 times.

4. After changing the part of road accidents that gave a large amount of scrap metal after disassembly, it became very much missed. I have a lot of scrap metal requires welding of metal fences. I feel a constant shortage despite the fact that I disassemble all the electric stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, plumbing, even folding chairs, etc.
***I use Yandex translator

Edited by vek

• nasKo unpinned this topic