IWBUMS 41.54 RELEASED

nasKo

9 minutes ago, ZuoKalp said:

Excuse me, but I am missing on something? The Gog page still says Beta 41.53.

Verify/Repair in Galaxy's Manage installation submenu for zomboid. It should force the update - that's how I did it anyway. See pic:
image.png.8e32f5ac27ab7da7653e972bb699fb1f.png

@nasKoreally loving the update so far. The new zed noises are especially atmospheric when you get inside a house, and the shotgun sounds SO much better.  Car sounds are also good when opening and closing, but I do agree the engine sounds can be better - it's better than it was, but still a bit weird. Nice detail on different sounds depending on condition, but would be nice varying sound depending on type (heavy vehicles sounded the same or similar to normal and sports). Zed hitting sound can also use some improvement but overall, fantastic work as always!

I dislike the music stings when a zombie is close by , it feels cheesy , its especially bad when you play with music off like i do , i also dislike the new zombie kill sounds , when i hit a zombie in the head with a bat and kill it , it sounds no different from hitting it and not killing it. I like the update overall but the noisework section seems to have dropped the ball.

4 hours ago, zakarum said:

Verify/Repair in Galaxy's Manage installation submenu for zomboid. It should force the update - that's how I did it anyway. See pic:
image.png.8e32f5ac27ab7da7653e972bb699fb1f.png

Oh I see it now. The thing is that the offline installers are still outdated with the 41.53 version, I tried to download it trough the gog website.

Another issue with the new sound system, if there is a zombie thumping on something directly to character left (looking straight ahead by say a zombie at a door directly to left), it plays in both left AND right headphones. Granted the right headphone is lower volume but its also slightly delayed so I hear a loud thump on my left THEN immediately after a quieter thump on my right. This is confusing and unrealistic and will lead to a lot unnecessary player death.

After like 20h of testing different features of 41.54, I would say it is a really impressive update. However, there are some issues that can be addressed easily:

1) Dunno why but vehicles have less power than it used to be. Could be related to sound update? Moreover, vehicles have much more torque if it goes backward which makes sense if the reverse top speed is lower than the 1st gear top speed. Since I was not able to test it cause the automatic transmission, atm it feels weird.

2) Ambient sound setting seems do not work. I tried to lower the ambient volume and it did not make any difference.

3) Vehicle engine sounds are kinda jet turbine. I tried to check the sound files and edit them but failed. I have no exp. on Lua at all. Samples sound good but in-game they are definitely weird.

4) I edited rpm script for VAN, though it did not make huge difference but at least I can keep playing.

5) I changed my mind about combat sounds, they are fine once you get use to them.

6) Vehicle RPM does not work as usual. Normally, it should be go up according to speed. But it is going up regardless the speed of the vehicle atm. It feels like every vehicle has a clutch problem.

Thats all for now, wish u all good day ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by ProudNoob
More issues

On 9/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, nasKo said:

- Allow plumbing a non-moved sink before the water shuts off if there is a rain barrel above. The water is still infinite for plumbed sinks before the water shuts off.
- Allow plumbing a sink to an empty rain barrel.

This thing seems to be having a very big problem; now you can't move any sinks or washing machines AT ALL; if you do it, they can't be plumbed back again (even if you placed it on the EXACT SAME SPOT AS BEFORE) and basically become useless. This is becoming quite a hurdle for base building, as I can no longer built my safehouse how I wanted. Especially since I play with the 6-12 months for shutoff.

Is there some place in the code where I can just turn it back to how it was? At least until a better solution is found, or this gets some kind of option for the Custom Sandbox.

EDIT: OK, I found a very dumb fix for this issue. All I had to do was build a rain barrel on the roof, plumb both sink and washing machine, remove the barrel, profit. They all got hooked to the water. Now, I get this won't work for a lot of places (some roofs can't be walked on, and all), but at least it fixed my issue of having a base with no water.

Edited by Blake81

Dear developers, what you have done with vehicles is a mockery of the moders community. So many hours spent on mods development and in an instant, everything is destroyed because the vehicles are laughable and useless.
 Towing vehicles is unnecessary, why not cancel it right away.
 SUVs with a loaded suitcase are immobile in the field.
 Yes, I'm sure someone will suggest I don't use it. But why are moders trying for something? To make use of it.
I only have one question, actually three. Why are you destroying something that works perfectly? Will we see a fix in the near future to what worked and the update stopped working? Or will we wait 14 days (or longer) for the next update?
Yes, I'm still complaining about something. I just hate the style of "Every fix and update worsens the current state". Isn't there control over what you spend on updates?

If I get an answer, I will be very happy.

I think I found out why cars don't sound great; their sound (and in fact, a lot of sounds) are affected by ZOOM. If you zoom all the way in, the car sounds fine, but nobody drives zoom'd in. So I zoom all the way out, and the car sounds less like a car and more like an air conditioner.

Seems like the new sounds are affected by how much zoom you have.

I played at 41.54 30 hours.
The sounds were done well, but there are a few comments to the sound and not only:
1. a sharp sound when a zombie appears next to me will make me gray.
2. the sounds of cars seem to me better than they were, but still not realistic.
3. the character, lifting the electronic clock from the corpse to disassemble it, disassembles it, and then crouches again over the corpse.
4. The metal shelves that I want to hang on the wall are hung not as before, but at the second floor level, while they are available for use from the ground.
5. the sound of a spear strike is more like a flat blow than a piercing blow with a point.
6. the sounds of closing car doors should be different for different cars. Now they are the same and like an old rydvan.
7. they often have difficulties in towing cars. Sometimes coupled cars don't quite drive.

***I use Yandex translator

Edited by vek

1 hour ago, vek said:

I played at 41.54 30 hours.
The sounds were done well, but there are a few comments:
1. a sharp sound when a zombie appears next to me will make me gray.
2. the sounds of cars seem to me better than they were, but still not realistic.
3. the character, lifting the electronic clock from the corpse to disassemble it, disassembles it, and then crouches again over the corpse.
4. The metal shelves that I want to hang on the wall are hung not as before, but at the second floor level, while they are available for use from the ground.
5. the sound of a spear strike is more like a flat blow than a piercing blow with a point.
6. the sounds of closing car doors should be different for different cars. Now they are the same and like an old rydvan.
7. they often have difficulties in towing cars. Sometimes coupled cars don't quite drive.

***I use Yandex translator

We're aware of these issues and are working on improving / fixing them.

20 hours ago, najiusmaximus said:

I have found a bug that with every gun in shoot, there is no sound. The only sound there is is the impact sound of the bullet. not the gun firing itself. Tried it with base game weapons.

Have you got -debug enabled? And was the char in godmode when you were shooting?

7 hours ago, Pandorea said:

As I've mentioned before: these are not the barrels with closed top; these are barrels that have open top and not (afaik) found in base game atm.

That is... incredibly stupid...

What possible reason would there be to not just use the already common normal barrel? What's the point of making some whole new barrel type that isn't even in the game?     

24 minutes ago, LeetgamerBoi said:

That is... incredibly stupid...

What possible reason would there be to not just use the already common normal barrel? What's the point of making some whole new barrel type that isn't even in the game?     

iirc this was done to help modders out with something code-side - these barrels were part of a very old unreleased system that some modders nevertheless use for their stuff. Might have some details wrong on that though - I'll check.

Nevertheless I should have been clearer in the patch notes. Sorry about the confusion on this one :( 

• nasKo unpinned this topic