IWBUMS 41.54 RELEASED

nasKo

On 9/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, nasKo said:

Added a "Can't Sprint"-moodle which will appear when the character is unable to sprint. The moodle will shake for a bit when you can't sprint but try to.

Don't work.

Lots of vhs throws tons of error

Hitting zeds sounds is quite bad. 

On 9/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, nasKo said:

Changes to knives:
- If you're too close to a zombie but there's another zombie chasing you (thus not be able to do a jawstab) the character will shove instead of stabbing normally.
- Slightly reduced movement speed while attacking with knives, similar to other weapons.
- Reduced Hunting knife damage a tad.

So now knives are not utterly op, not sure why nerf damage, biggest advantage of knives were no push, no slowdown and no stamina use, you fixed 2 of those.

2 minutes ago, Gotties said:

Ванильная версия включает эту функцию, я могу использовать бутылку содовой в качестве источника хранения обычной воды.

Not tin cans, but plastic bottles.

Edited by Gotties

28 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Yeah they all changed, I'm not sure how they sound terrible exactly. Anything more specific? The old ones were atrocious, arguably the worst SFX in the whole game: white noise, audio popping, clipping, looping incorrectly, inconsistent quality and lasting way too long.

They all sound exactly same with a tone of a jet. There's no RPM idle sound and sounds very dull

"On controllers, the item is currently always
placed at the center of a square."

Oh :-(

So I know I'm probably in a minority as a controller player, but if any dev read this, will the item placed at the center of a square limitation will change to have the same placement versatility as with KB + mouse ?

Thank you very much for your time and answer, this update looks amazing regardless

2 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Yeah they all changed, I'm not sure how they sound terrible exactly. Anything more specific? The old ones were atrocious, arguably the worst SFX in the whole game: white noise, audio popping, clipping, looping incorrectly, inconsistent quality and lasting way too long.

Unfortunately, vehicles sound "lets say" not good. Especially, the van. It feels like ur driving smth powered by jet turbine. Sometimes u cannot even understand if the vehicle is running or not on idle. Other than that the update brought amazing sound improvements. The game feels way more immersive. Great success!

Edit: Well, combat sounds are way worse than vehicle sounds... I tried crowbar and knife so far, just bad. Moreover can't hear zeds from distance as it used to be.

Edited by ProudNoob
More feedback

39 minutes ago, ProudNoob said:

Unfortunately, vehicles sound "lets say" not good. Especially, the van. It feels like ur driving smth powered by jet turbine. Sometimes u cannot even understand if the vehicle is running or not on idle. Other than that the update brought amazing sound improvements. The game feels way more immersive. Great success!

Edit: Well, combat sounds are way worse than vehicle sounds... I tried crowbar and knife so far, just bad. Moreover can't hear zeds from distance as it used to be.

Agree completely 

I am not a fan of the new environmental sounds... Too many animal sounds and they sound so 'out of place'... The nighttime owl sound is laughably bad and the cars sound so bad, really muffled..The night time ambiance sound is like white noise.... And running over dead zombies makes no sound now. What the hell are noise works playing at??

The original sounds where so much better!

The whole soundscape is so bland and muddy now there's no punch to any of the sounds... FIX!

Thanks.

Your loving fan,

Jim.

Edited by Majorjim

40 minutes ago, nasKo said:

If it's not in the changelog, it didn't make the cut :D

GOG is uploading as we speak.

Can confirm its through on GOG, thanks a bunch!

Looking forward to curved roads but no map changes makes my life easier for now. :D

Edited by zakarum

On 9/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, nasKo said:

- Heart UI icon will shake when player character takes damage. It will stop shaking once the player is no longer losing health. 

The heart shakes so much that you can actually miss clicking on it as it swing so far left/right. A UI element should not require that much precision, esp in a game where one misclick can spell your doom. Please reduce the amount of shake. It just needs to vibrate a little or scale up then back to normal a little.

New sounds are really hit and miss. Some are great, some sound weird and not in relation to the old sound just weird on their own, some are much too quiet, some are much too loud, and others simply seem to be missing or don't differentiate enough.

1. Outdoor nature sounds, esp animals, have too much reverb/echo on them. There should literally be 0 unless you're inside a canyon or a tall alleyway.

2. Hitting a standing zombie with a car sounds like almost nothing at all has happened. Rolling over a body similarly is almost no different than the already too quiet hitting a standing zombie sound.

3. Killing blow to a prone zombie sounds almost no different than any other hit to a prone zombie. Players rely on the obvious sound that the zombie you're stomping or swinging on has received a killing blow, which while weird sounding in the old sound system, was at least very obvious so you knew you could switch your attention to something else. 

4. Car engines just don't sound right. Hard to describe but they now sound buzzier, like an flying insect.

5. Jesus the jumpscare sound is turned up to volume 100 compared to other noises. Overall, another pass at mastering sound levels seems to be needed across the board....or give us more options under Sound tab to fine tune the levels.

Edited by Axiomatic

Awesome work guys! I have a question regarding world lights of vehicles.

Is there any way to customize them? Color, position, number of light sources, since not every lightbar is blue red, some are just red, some orange. If not, is there a way to have a lightbar without the new light sources? Thanks!

• nasKo unpinned this topic