Fanart and other inspired zombie art

RubberTank

Here's something I did for the Zomboid Giveaway thread and just for fun.

pP4UjMJ.jpg

ETA: This is the sketch I started from.:

Spoiler
vXGii1T.jpg

And here's one I'm working on right now:

Just a flesh wound. Hope that bite doesn't get infected though.
5BOFUiH.jpg

I began to draw it yesterday. The first sketch looked like this :D  :D :

Spoiler
Ulj3MOR.jpg

I'll update this thread with my progress and post new pictures. I think I'll stick to drawing zombies for a while.

Very cool, I wish I was competent in the visual arts =D

I love the style of the second one! 

Haha, nice Spiffo!

And the second one is quite disturbing :o

I've never drawn raccoons before. It kind of ended up looking a bit flat and... dead.

Disturbing is exactly what I was aiming for the second pic :)

Very Nice! :)

Love your style.

There IS something to detailed simplicity.... although the first one is a little out of balance, the FAR background & the crawler seem a little out of place. Also, I know it suits you, but I dislike lollipop trees :)

Haha, nice Spiffo!

And the second one is quite disturbing :o

To be fair.... Its a game about zombies, you have to expect some macabre to show up :)

Very Nice! :)

Love your style.

There IS something to detailed simplicity.... although the first one is a little out of balance, the FAR background & the crawler seem a little out of place. Also, I know it suits you, but I dislike lollipop trees :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a noob at digital art. The background was added after the foreground and it got real messy with layers :D (I edited the OP to show the original sketch which I tried to morph into something Zomboid-related). I'm the kind to end up detailing the piece without realizing the composition, shapes and values are way off, and then try to fix them.. with varying results. I got the workflow backwards. On the other hand, I'm learning and progressing with each piece, and that's always good  :)

Those are really cool! Nice one!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a noob at digital art. The background was added after the foreground and it got real messy with layers :D (I edited the OP to show the original sketch which I tried to morph into something Zomboid-related). I'm the kind to end up detailing the piece without realizing the composition, shapes and values are way off, and then try to fix them.. with varying results. I got the workflow backwards. On the other hand, I'm learning and progressing with each piece, and that's always good  :)

I wasn't really referring to shape & composition, more that the style isn't consistent throughout the whole picture.... That would explain it though :)

As a general rule of thumb, don't bother trying to change a picture half way through. It will take more work & have a worse result than starting over.

I didn't say it before but the second is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

If you dont highlight the gaps between the teeth too much is looks much more human. :)

Its a matter of style, if your going to do that you would have reduce the depths on the face details. Realism isn't "Right" as far as art is concerned......

Think "Ren & Stimpy" closeup & you will understand the piece..... (weather it was intended or not)

EDIT:

If realism was the point, OP has more issues than the depths in-between the teeth. The shape of the eyes, lack of irises, the perspective is all over the place eg. face to neck, teeth to mouth.... But the style is consistent throughout the piece & it looks good for what it is, that's what really matters :)