Sink Plumbing option not available

Gamer_Man

I've had this issue as well.  in my case due to sink placement I had to use the pick up tool to move sink to workable spot. Once done there was no option using rmc to plumb sink.

Things I'm not sure on, which may affect this though it didn't in the past, are 1: the water may still be running in town and 2: the barrel is empty since it hasn't rained lately. Got a thunderstorm looming so I'll update once that blows through. But in the past neither of these affected being able to plumb a sink. 

Once the rain arrived and started filling barrels the plumb option appeared for me. Should be able to plumb even if empty but once you know that's the deal its a trivial issue. This was done on two different sinks as I had set up a second sink at a different spot when I first encountered issue. Just to see if it was a location issue. So that's the deal.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, Pandorea said:

There's no image, so...Are you using the "Pick up tool" or trying to RMC to get the option?

i used the pick up tool on the left side of the screen, heres the image apologies. i dunno why its suddenly gone, again the water is still running i also tried it without mods but it still didnt work.

edit:

ive already transferred the sink i also tried picking up the sink and returning it to its original place, still ended up with this problem.  

20210907190841_1.jpg

Edited by Gamer_Man

18 hours ago, joe206 said:

I've had this issue as well.  in my case due to sink placement I had to use the pick up tool to move sink to workable spot. Once done there was no option using rmc to plumb sink.

Things I'm not sure on, which may affect this though it didn't in the past, are 1: the water may still be running in town and 2: the barrel is empty since it hasn't rained lately. Got a thunderstorm looming so I'll update once that blows through. But in the past neither of these affected being able to plumb a sink. 

i was able to do this on the past build 41.50 with the water still running im not using the barrel method btw.

33 minutes ago, Gamer_Man said:

i used the pick up tool on the left side of the screen, heres the image apologies. i dunno why its suddenly gone, again the water is still running i also tried it without mods but it still didnt work.

edit:

ive already transferred the sink i also tried picking up the sink and returning it to its original place, still ended up with this problem.  

20210907190841_1.jpg

You can use "R" to scroll through all items on the tile to select the one you want. Other than that, you won't have the option if the barrel is empty.

6 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

You can use "R" to scroll through all items on the tile to select the one you want. Other than that, you won't have the option if the barrel is empty.

no i mean i cant get the water to run on the sink after i transferred it.

12 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Is the water still running in game? Do you have a barrel above (directly or +/- 1 tile)? Does the barrel have any water in it?

yes the water is still running in game itll run out in 2000+ years i edited it i also tried it without the mods same problem occurs.

i just read the latest update looks like its an oversight since youll need a water source (barrel) overhead for plumbing even though the waters still running

Edited by Gamer_Man
damass grammar