[41.53] New watering/sowing tooltip stuck onscreen once out of water/seed and does not go away. "Not a furrow/Not a plant".

jeanfeels

unknown.png

Both the watering and the seed sowing farm tooltips get stuck in the invalid red "not a furrow" / "not a plant" state once you haven't got enough seed or water in the container to continue using the tool. The only way I have found to get rid of this annoying tooltip is to find more seeds or more water and a waterable plant and right clicking once the tooltip has turned green.

This means that if I don't have seeds or a waterable plant i'm unable to remove this floating message. At all.

I've tried right clicking on furrows, plants, the ground, using other tools, foraging, you name it, i've tried it. So far unless i've missed something it's not helped. Escape does not help either. I don't know how else to be rid of this thing. Please check to see if there's an error in the code for it that prevents the universal cancel function (ESC) from turning said tooltip off.

While I do have some mods, none of them affect farming or the added scripts that relate to this new toggleable farming interface.
This still occurs with mods disabled.

I have managed to find a right click interaction that resets the tooltip; Opening the generator info for any grid connected generator will get rid of the popup as the generator info box seems to override the sticky tooltip. I'm not sure what else will reset the text but i'm sure that there are other item interactions that will work. 

Also, this occurs when harvesting plants as well. It's very annoying but now at least i know there's a way to get rid of it.

Does it go away if you reboot the game? Does this happen with only some seeds or all of them? Which tool do you use for farming / watering? When you tried disabling mods, did you start a new game or just continue on this same save? (can you tell that this is not that easy to reproduce at all ;) )

8 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Does it go away if you reboot the game? Does this happen with only some seeds or all of them? Which tool do you use for farming / watering? When you tried disabling mods, did you start a new game or just continue on this same save? (can you tell that this is not that easy to reproduce at all ;) )

No, All of them, and watering can, npk fertilizer, compost, and i did start a new game to test without mods.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, Pandorea said:

Hmm.. works over here :( could you record and share a video at all? Also, can you share your PC specs (so we can see if that has got anything to do with this issue)

I'll record this once i get a free chance, probably after the current playthrough i have going on. I'll update this thread once i get around to it, assuming i remember (which it'll be hard to forget during a playthrough where i'm farming!)

note: this is the first 15 inch model of the Razer Blade (2018) laptop, so some part numbers aren't detectable by Speccy 

Specs: 
Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM
    16.0GB (unspecified branding, as this is a prebuilt laptop)
Motherboard
    Razer C1_MB (U3E1)
Graphics
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design (Razer USA) 
Storage
    238GB SAMSUNG MZVLB256HAHQ-00000 (Unknown (SSD))
    3725GB Western Digital WD Elements SE 25FF USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) <----zomboid is on this drive

I see what you mean, the sowing menue won't dissapear so easily, recently I got a farm set up and after planting some seeds the sowing menue got stuck on my cursor, i tried pressing ESC and right clicking on sinks etc. but it was in vain, then suddenly it dissapeared, i tried to figure out what does remove the menue, but since i heard that b41.54 is coming soonish I quit. In the end I do remember that this bug gave me some trouble by annoying me.

2 hours ago, Astatine said:

I see what you mean, the sowing menue won't dissapear so easily, recently I got a farm set up and after planting some seeds the sowing menue got stuck on my cursor, i tried pressing ESC and right clicking on sinks etc. but it was in vain, then suddenly it dissapeared, i tried to figure out what does remove the menue, but since i heard that b41.54 is coming soonish I quit. In the end I do remember that this bug gave me some trouble by annoying me.

i figured out right clicking on wells worked to clear it as well as generator info, though wells are few and far between perhaps rain collection barrels will do?

Out of curiousity did you have any mods enabled at the time?

Oh yeah generators, but I think that rain barrels don't work I do remember right clicking on them and it gives me those options to wash myself, fill some bottles, but the sowing menue was still hanging on my cursor.

Yes I have 4 mods that I use, but none of them cause errors and they are pretty small.

23 hours ago, Astatine said:

Oh yeah generators, but I think that rain barrels don't work I do remember right clicking on them and it gives me those options to wash myself, fill some bottles, but the sowing menue was still hanging on my cursor.

Yes I have 4 mods that I use, but none of them cause errors and they are pretty small.

Regardless of how lack of errors or size, what mods are they? I had a lot of mods running and having just done a vanilla test, at least twice I didn't seem able to get the behaviour to trigger which makes me think it might be one of the mods that alters the context menu or something, but knowing what mods someone else is running who gets the same issue will help narrow it down if we share certain mods.

That or the bug is not as simple as expected, but it'll help knowing which mods *could* be involved in order to rule out possibilities.

1 hour ago, jeanfeels said:

Regardless of how lack of errors or size, what mods are they? I had a lot of mods running and having just done a vanilla test, at least twice I didn't seem able to get the behaviour to trigger which makes me think it might be one of the mods that alters the context menu or something, but knowing what mods someone else is running who gets the same issue will help narrow it down if we share certain mods.

That or the bug is not as simple as expected, but it'll help knowing which mods *could* be involved in order to rule out possibilities.

1st mod (combat text) gives hp bar over zombies
2nd mod (food expiration Date and Bar) basically you know when the food will rot if you're a cook (you have a rot bar), you get a 2 point trait for that if you are a lumberjack, park ranger etc. who can only assume when will the food rot by smell

3rd mod (minimal display bar) let's you know how bored, tired, depressed, hungry, thirsty etc. you are
4th mod RED BEER's Zombie Retexture mod (gives more decayed and visible textures to zombies as times goes on in the world).
That's all of them, well all of them that I use in current games that is.

34 minutes ago, Astatine said:

1st mod (combat text) gives hp bar over zombies
2nd mod (food expiration Date and Bar) basically you know when the food will rot if you're a cook (you have a rot bar), you get a 2 point trait for that if you are a lumberjack, park ranger etc. who can only assume when will the food rot by smell

3rd mod (minimal display bar) let's you know how bored, tired, depressed, hungry, thirsty etc. you are
4th mod RED BEER's Zombie Retexture mod (gives more decayed and visible textures to zombies as times goes on in the world).
That's all of them, well all of them that I use in current games that is.

I have the first three, though i have a different implementation of the same idea for food expiry. However, it's likely they use similar implementations behind the scenes, so it's still worth me checking with minimal bars and combat text, then with food expiration alone, and see if the behaviour comes back for either configuration, at which point it should be clearer which mod might be messing with this assuming there's not a scattering of different mods that mess with it. I'll test at some point. If you get a chance before me, give it a go and see if disabling any specific mod consistently stops the issue occuring.

1 hour ago, jeanfeels said:

I have the first three, though i have a different implementation of the same idea for food expiry. However, it's likely they use similar implementations behind the scenes, so it's still worth me checking with minimal bars and combat text, then with food expiration alone, and see if the behaviour comes back for either configuration, at which point it should be clearer which mod might be messing with this assuming there's not a scattering of different mods that mess with it. I'll test at some point. If you get a chance before me, give it a go and see if disabling any specific mod consistently stops the issue occuring.

All three of them are tiny mods, it's most likely a glitch/bug since sowing menue just got added in 41.51-2

15 minutes ago, Astatine said:

All three of them are tiny mods, it's most likely a glitch/bug since sowing menue just got added in 41.51-2

Even the tiniest mod can have a huge impact even if it doesn't sound or seem like it should impact a specific part of the game. I'm just saying that for some reason i'm having trouble replicating it vanilla whereas it was occuring basically 100% of the time before if I didn't make sure to use ESC to cancel before trying to say, left click on the next furrow or something.