IWBMS RELEASED: Build: 19 - The new 'iwillbackupmysave' Branch

lemmy101

This verison is no longer used, use the open beta instead.

What do you mean? This version is no longer in use?

And what's the difference between this closed beta and the normal beta? It's very confusing at

the moment. If I understand this correctly, the password protected beta mentioned in OP, will

include new features. But from what I can tell it's the same build? And they even share the same

change log. It's a great idea, to let the community bug test the new features. But what's new in

the password protected build? And what exactly do you need help with? Any particular area

we should focus on? Because if it's just general bug hunting then it feels like double work since

we already report bugs in the normal beta build - so again, what the difference between the two

builds? For example, if you introduce NPC's here, then we will obviously report any bugs related

to NPC's. Anyway, great idea but at the moment it all feels very confusing.

But I will most definitely help you guys out, but please tell us more about what's going on here.

And do we report bugs here in the thread, or do we use the bug section on the forum?

What he meant is that the public beta is the most current one, so reporting bugs for this one isn't necessary right now.

The difference is that his beta is for people who want to help to provide feedback when it is needed.

It's another level of "internal" testing, just on a more public basis.

Basically, there are three levels:

Internal testing - few hand-picked people

Forum beta - only people who are on the forum know the password to the branch

Public beta - every Steam user can opt into it

The OP lists what's new.

This branch is supposed to be another level of "internal" testing. It is more public than the internal test build but less public than the open beta.

It will receive builds that need fast feedback and these builds are likely to be more unstable, hence BACKUP YO SAVES.

Builds will share the same changelogs at some point because their changes will be applied to the open beta and - at some point - to the new build.

If they turn out to be more or less game-breaker free they will be released to the public beta. Builds on this branch might not be on this branch for long before they're pushed to the open beta.

Edited by nasKo
POWER OF THE 3000 EDITS

What he meant is that the public beta is the most current one, so reporting bugs for this one isn't necessary right now.

The difference is that his beta is for people who want to help to provide feedback when it is needed.

It's another level of "internal" testing, just on a more public basis.

Basically, there are three levels:

Internal testing - few hand-picked people

Forum beta - only people who are on the forum know the password to the branch

Public beta - every Steam user can opt into it

The OP lists what's new.

This branch is supposed to be another level of "internal" testing. It is more public than the internal test build but less public than the open beta.

It will receive builds that need fast feedback and these builds are likely to be more unstable, hence BACKUP YO SAVES.

Builds will share the same changelogs at some point because their changes will be applied to the open beta and - at some point - to the new build.

If they turn out to be more or less game-breaker free they will be released to the public beta. Builds on this branch might not be on this branch for long before they're pushed to the open beta.

Then wouldn't it make sense to keep all branches updated to the most recent update, otherwise wouldn't people need to keep switching their beta branches in their options?

Thanks nasKo, that helped. But lets go over this one more time and smack that last nail

into (my head?) the coffin; so, right this instance there is nothing "new" here in the closed

beta, and therefore there is really no need for us to be playing on that build, correct?

And when you do in fact release something new here you will let us know, and tell us exactly

what's new and what we should examine (and where to post the bug reports)?

If this is true you should probably let people know in the OP, that this build serves no purpose

at the moment and that they should stick to the regular beta for the time being. Because it

seems people are going nuts here over them "new features" when there is in fact none.

But beside all that, I'm intrigued. Hope this works out. But I'm a little bit worried about all the

different builds, branches, betas, versions (and so on) that you have floating around. And this

is yet another one to add to all that. Anyway, just a sidenote. I'm not complaining here.

Cheers