IWBMS RELEASED: Build: 19 - The new 'iwillbackupmysave' Branch

lemmy101

its running well on my dual core but only in compatibility mode, im still getting the black screen (but working UI and gameworld) when loading normally.

also i don't think the frequency of the shambling on the spot glitch has increased but its more noticable now we have more on screen at a time.

cant wait to try out all the new features when ive got a bit more time.

Looks good, quite like the sandbag wall improvements, they will be perfect to decorate my base. 

Could someone ELI5 how to back up saves? The last thing I want is to lose my safehouse.

Thanks alot for this.  Now if o nly my cat would get off my keyboard. geez

10518spray_bottle.jpg

(There is a 99% chance I am not a cat person)

quote lemmy

````I know what the console window is, and on the event of a crash I know to post the text therein on this forum, and not just say 'it crashed!'  ``

i just run cmd if i crash? i got no idea how the console window work, do i start it before starting to play?

a bug I am seeing that was in a few earlier builds is if you eat food that reduces a ton of hunger (like a whole pot of tasty soup) then eat something like a chocolate bar or a berry, it takes away the "very well fed" moodle and replaces it with slightly fed, then you are hungry not long after.

Looks good, quite like the sandbag wall improvements, they will be perfect to decorate my base. 

Could someone ELI5 how to back up saves? The last thing I want is to lose my safehouse.

Ok, after looking up ELI5... yes, I can manage that.

The first thing to do is to find your Zomboid folder.

This is under your "Users" folder; for example mine is:

C:\Users\Gekkobear\Zomboid\

Under here are several possible sub-folders.   Mods (not necessary for now), LUA (again, skip it), and the 3 good ones:

Last Stand, Sandbox, and Survival.

Depending on whether you're playing Survival or Sandbox depends on which folder you want (the one with the correct name).

Under Sandbox (for me) there are more folders.  One for each save.  

So I have a folder named 19-11-2013_07-36-41 for example.

(which tells you when I started playing that save, but the name doesn't matter much)

** I'm bolding save folder names, didn't want them in quotes and have someone think the quotes were part of the name; or whatever...

I copy this folder to my desktop, or another folder, or wherever.

Now if I end up crashing, or glitching, or losing my save; I can delete that folder from C:\Users\Gekkobear\Zomboid\Sandbox\ and paste back the folder I copied; reverting back to that save.

Only ONE trick to know.  Save folders can NOT have a space in the folder name. 

So if you rename them so you know what/when they are, make sure NOT to have spaces in the new name.

FoundASawDay3 is an ok name.

Found_A_Saw_Day_3 is an ok name.

Found-a-saw-day-3 is an ok name.

Found a saw Day 3 won't load properly.

And now you're ready to copy off your saves (or even simply copy and rename them and leave them in that folder; knowing which one to play and which ones you're keeping/copying).

If you take a save folder, and copy it, and realizing "19-11-2013_07-36-41 - Copy" isn't a good name so you rename the copy to GameCopy or whatever it will show as a valid save; and be playable... you'll have GameCopy on the list of saves you can select when you're picking a game to play... might be the easiest way to handle it.

Ok, after looking up ELI5... yes, I can manage that.

The first thing to do is to find your Zomboid folder.

This is under your "Users" folder; for example mine is:

C:\Users\Gekkobear\Zomboid\

Under here are several possible sub-folders.   Mods (not necessary for now), LUA (again, skip it), and the 3 good ones:

Last Stand, Sandbox, and Survival.

Depending on whether you're playing Survival or Sandbox depends on which folder you want (the one with the correct name).

Under Sandbox (for me) there are more folders.  One for each save.  

So I have a folder named 19-11-2013_07-36-41 for example.

(which tells you when I started playing that save, but the name doesn't matter much)

** I'm bolding save folder names, didn't want them in quotes and have someone think the quotes were part of the name; or whatever...

I copy this folder to my desktop, or another folder, or wherever.

Now if I end up crashing, or glitching, or losing my save; I can delete that folder from C:\Users\Gekkobear\Zomboid\Sandbox\ and paste back the folder I copied; reverting back to that save.

Only ONE trick to know.  Save folders can NOT have a space in the folder name. 

So if you rename them so you know what/when they are, make sure NOT to have spaces in the new name.

FoundASawDay3 is an ok name.

Found_A_Saw_Day_3 is an ok name.

Found-a-saw-day-3 is an ok name.

Found a saw Day 3 won't load properly.

And now you're ready to copy off your saves (or even simply copy and rename them and leave them in that folder; knowing which one to play and which ones you're keeping/copying).

If you take a save folder, and copy it, and realizing "19-11-2013_07-36-41 - Copy" isn't a good name so you rename the copy to GameCopy or whatever it will show as a valid save; and be playable... you'll have GameCopy on the list of saves you can select when you're picking a game to play... might be the easiest way to handle it.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I wanted. (That should be a stickied post)

#2 Bug hunting

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/492313692014569107/05A08AFB5AEFA70DC78883825E1578ABFDA216A8/

After converting save to the new world, it seems like all the plants I have are "dead", and are missing the image icon (just a white square)

Edit :

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/492313692015117226/2E98B97D31E7894715656D02DA65D2BF38D87C39/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/492313692015114602/142E176B06FA56985778698BDDC6017915DA6604/

In a converted world (haven't checked with the new game yet) the "indoor environment blackening out" works in a weird way and is moved one square to the East (You can partially see oven, tables and bed indoors, but can't see 1 line of tiles outside of  the house)

-Bug persists after reloading the game.

-Seems to be the case with all indoor environments. http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/492313692015275522/70B1AF3BA842CC9D415ED44CF5B837500A12C420/

police station has no guns in it

I raided the gun shop in westpoint on a brand new game with 0019. found no guns but 2+ ammo boxes per shelf normaly. Oh, i did find 4 or 5 axes in there also. I dont know if this follows in the normal spawn % there or not, but post just because waib said there was no guns in the police station.  I did find like 2 pistols in houses before hand.  If somnone else  can do a fast run to see, then give a reply.

The bug with the save game window and clicking behind is fixed. YAY!

I  couldnt get mouse scroll to work in any menus untill i started a game, then it would work on both inventory's only and not the option box.

Still have the black screen if i try to load normally. Compatibility mode works fine. duo E6750, 4g 1033 ram, Ati HD 5750. Win 8.1 (crappy service pack). Desk is facing North, by North West.

Game Performance seems to be a bit faster then .14 was.

Not exsacly sure how skill books are suposed to work, but i read a lv  2 construction, it stoped at like   20 points before the last number. I read it again and it read the last pages and went up a multiplyer, then went back to 0 pages read.

Read skill book 3 of carpentry , stoped 15 points before and did the same thing. I read the last 15 pages and went to x8 and pages went back to 0. Ive never seen skill books worth this good before in my pz playing, and that started back when it was offered free when ya purchased that other program, back in the day.

I knocked out a second story wall withi a sledge, then built a wall with a window, and i could  NOT attack a sheet rope to it to climb down *had the nail and hammer also* .  Had lv  1 skill when built it. I dunno if ou could attach before or not.

The horde was pretty packed at first. First 2 blocks was a battle field,then 2 nights reting with gunshots each night, was really low on zeds. Ill check back to that area in a few game day's to see. Ive streaked around twittys bar for 3 day 's with no zeds coming to laugh at me.

Mods seem to load up fine.

Have looted a few duffle bags off zeds with stuff in the bag..

I need to take a quick 15 hour powernap, then plex up real fast and then more 1 and 1 time with my town. damn holidays getting in my way and i only have 1 family member left, geez.

@Fj45 I dislike cats myself except this one came to my door last winter in the form of looking like a skeleton/pet cemetary. He had hung out in yard off and on for 4 years and when i saw him somethign told me to take care of hm and keep him alive. He only has a few years left, so ill keep him going for those karma points i need ;)

Hi there

Had the chance to test the build yesterday night. Will do some more testing today. Just where are we supposed to post our Feedback? In the bug report section or here? And starting the game via steam disables the console window?

Great Work as always!

It plays soo smoth :D

1) I can't take screenshots with STEAM using the default F12 key. Any reason for blocking this hotkey? I tried remapping to CTRL-F12 and that worked.

2) The Traits menu on the Character creation screen will not allow you to scroll up once you pick enough traits.

Repro steps:

a) Select a screen resolution no bigger than 1680x1050.

b ) Create new game and pick your custom character

c) Scroll down on the traits list so you are at the bottom of it

d) Add several bonuse and malus traits until the scroll bar disappears

e) Notice that now you cannot get back up to the top of the list. To get there, you must remove traits from your character until the scroll bar is readded.

3) Some wall graphics are blocking the sink in the kitchen of the Muldraugh trailer park. You cannot interact with the sink. I believe the Windows are the reason, their top part does not go "transparent" like the other wall tiles.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201599101

Last trailer before the picnic that lies in the Westpoint direction.

Maybe it's just me but I've started a new game and have a safe house around the Cortman Medical clinic and I have yet to see a zombie outside.  They are all in a building.  I haven't gone that far but far enough to loot the neighboring houses.  I would have expected to see at least one shambling zombie.  Is this normal or just lucky?  No, I didn't selected that trait.  :)

I think the zombie spawn is still bugged. Im seeing alot more of them at the start of the game but i dont think any new ones are showing up.

Around day 12 I finished clearing most of the zombies from a 2 block area just above the auto shop and pharmahug (in westpoint). its been about 8 days and i have yet to see even a single straggler come by. I figured shooting guns near my house would draw some but nothing showed up.

played maybe about 10 hours on this new build with no crashes yet, fps still gets bad around multiple buildings as c2thej said

Can someone explain in detail how you access this "Steam Beta Release"? I don't see any tab or way in my Steam app to join a beta for this. Is it on some web page?

Go to your steam library, right click on Project Zomboid, them click properties then click on the furthest right tab called BETAS at the top of the window, click on the top drop down menu and click on the second option in the list called 'Beta testing available for all' the below enter this password 'You can find on the first post of this thread, that you MUST read' then click check availability of code. Then make sure your game updates

Edited by kirrus
no reading, no passwords ;)

From your Steam Library:

1)  Right click on Project Zomboid

2)  Select Properties at the bottom

3)  Select the Betas tab at the upper right

4)  From the drop down select iwillbackupmysave - Public but hidden test version

5)  Type in The password you can find on the first post of this thread, that you MUST read

6)  Select Check Code

7)  Select Close

8)  Launch game

Edited by kirrus
No reading, no password.