[build41] ValuTech radio stations keep changing on pickup

Dr. Kamikaze

Found this out too: picked up a Value-Tech Radio with Emergency Preset, placed in base to find it was no longer listed. Thought I remembered the frequency and added Preset, was confused to find it was now Talk Radio - assumed I'd recalled wrong. Next life: when I found the Emergency frequency, wrote it into a Journal page in game to make sure was accurate.

Although seems to be a bug with this radio object (from link below), where it resets all random Radio Stations frequencies alongside Presets when placing this - as I've certainly seen this happen with picking up Value-Tech before (although not with Premium model, last time I checked):

First time I saw this: found ValuTech Radio spawned in West Riverside residence already in Turned Off state, checked Preset to find Emergency Broadcast listed with frequency (think it was already set to a different Station). Same as the other thread linked: I left Radio turned off so didn't Tune In - just used Pick Up to take item and keep on Character Inventory.

When I later used Place to put the Item into my own base (believe was in same session, but may have been next day IRL): found it was no longer in ValuTech Radio Presets listed. Thought I remembered frequency, tried to Add Preset again myself; couldn't find it again, or other combination of numbers. Assumed I had mis-remembered the frequency, so have written down in game Journal the AEBS channel each time I've first found the Preset since.

Noticed the same Emergency Preset disappeared again later with a ValuTech Radio: when I left it Tuned In to AEBS but Turned Off, then moved it to a different room of same base with Pickup & Place - but added the Preset again from my Journal note. Not seen this happen with the Premium Radio model so far: tested the same process with this better model within the same save without finding any issues (all IWBMS v41.53, no mods installed, on macOS Higher Sierra [10.13.6]).

Seems inconsistent though - as I tried & failed to recreate the same fault yesterday: finding another ValuTech AEBS Preset in a Survivor House, then using the same Pickup & Place process to put it back while capturing screenshots. Only differences I can think of: was obviously a new PZ save with custom Settings this time (all above was in Builder) - running on different Mac [OS 10.15], with two Mods installed this time around (Taped TV Shows & Better Sorting) - plus putting the ValuTech Radio back in the same Place as I found it.

• 7 months later...

I second this, and can add some details as made some very basic tests, trying to see how it happens.

My character transported a (ValuTech) radio for a while, it had all the radio stations (NNR, Hitz FM, LBMW, KnoxTalk and the Automated Emergency Broadcast System - let's call it the "AEBS" for short). By the way it had all those preset stations when I first found and picked it up, I didn't have to add them manually (I don't know if this info is relevent).

I finally placed it in a house, and bam: it lost 2 stations, it now only had NNR, Hitz and Knox Talk.

I picked it up again, just to see what will happen: the stations are indeed NNR, Hitz and KnoxTalk.

I place it again: Hoplà! Now there's only 2 preset stations: Hitz and LBMW (who made its comeback).

So, as an ultimate test, I delete and recreate all the preset stations while I have the radio in my inventory (thank gods, I previously noted down the AEBS frequency, because I knew I already had those kind of problems in other games).

I place it for the last time, and, no, the game still don't want to keep that radio as it is: it changes the presets again.

It's like if the game was re-randomizing (does that word exsit?) the preset stations each time I place the radio.

Note: When I say "place", I'm talking about the "place" button used to place furniture.

Oh, and I don't use any mods, and I currently am on the 41.69 (nice) unstable, but I know that I had some similar troubles in the past during much older versions of PZ.