Character and zombies don't render

P2501

I've just started trying the 41 beta build and I'm having a weird glitch: The character shows up both in the character creation screen and in the game as a single color and wearing a dress no matter their clothing. The Zombies look similar but usually have more varied clothing. Sometimes their legs don't show up. I tried disabling the mods and changing the settings but it happens each time.

I've played a lot of the original version and love it! Can't wait to give this one a real try

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 10.52.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 11.22.51 PM.png

You'll laugh:

late 2012 iMac with Catalina OS

2.9 GHz quad core i5

16gb memory

nvidia geforce gt 650m 512mb

i usually have to play games on the lowest setting, but I was able to play the original version on some of the higher (not the highest) settings with good performance

I've the same issue with PZ not rendering any character / zombie textures any more - believe it's due to lack of Apple updates for NVIDIA GPU drivers on MacOS for years (since not been a factory option for any default Mac hardware for even longer):

Persistent with last few OS X releases alongside PZ versions for a few years now (up to Beta 41.53 IWBUMS on macOS Catalina: 10.15.7) - but only affects my NVIDIA GeForce GT750M on MacBook Pro Retina mid 2014 [MacBookPro11,3]. Same PZ releases with previous OS X work fine when using AMD GPU - EG: macOS Higher Sierra (10.13.6) on Mac Pro Mid 2010 [MacPro5,1] with Radeon RX 570 upgrade works fine for all rendering (plus has far better performance).

Think this issue started after the animation update, IIRC: uses more recent OpenGL calls not supported on older NVIDIA driver (I definitely played earlier PZ versions in 2013/2014 onwards with this same MBP15" NVIDIA GPU without issue). Currently using MacPro with AMD upgrade to play PZ, or restart to BootCamp Windows install if I need to on problematic MacBook Pro.

Probably will be a way to disable this dedicated Geforce GPU in EFI or macOS, to use in-built Intel Iris Pro by default to get around driver issue - but imagine will be far worse performance, and maybe not an option if GT only on iMac? Will try this out sometime, alongside testing PZ with an old MacMini - also vaguely recall some unofficial way to update GPU driver with macOS (but was either about making modern ones work in very old MacPro, or for using other non-standard ones with external Thunderbolt enclosures).

What AxioM above me said is correct, due to Apple dropping the Nvidia drivers, the game cannot render the 3D models properly without them. Only fix is to switch to the integrated card and run the game that way.

Some info on that here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/3106896589756154566/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1608274347726860915/?ctp=2#c4910566145640463673