B41 MP will not be the release of B41 proper, right?

turkler

I just wanted to make sure and get a word from the developers. there are a lot of issues like this 

that have been getting the same ''it'll be fixed at some point'' response, which is fair enough. vehicle animations, flat-out missing buildables, gameplay issues, so on. I can take the developers' words that it'll be fixed eventually. one thing I'm concerned about however is the developers releasing mp, doing a few fixes related to mp, and then going ''We said they would be fixed eventually, not in b41'' and calling that a release. this would especially sting after how developers treat development of the mp, they would essentially be going aganist everything they've said. can we get word from the developers that this won't happen?

39 minutes ago, turkler said:

''We said they would be fixed eventually, not in b41'' and calling that a release.

this would especially sting after how developers treat development of the mp, they would essentially be going aganist everything they've said.

can we get word from the developers that this won't happen?

Every single release is full of fixes. 

MP being released does not mean no mp-unrelated fix is going to be made.

41 being released to stable will not mean no more fixes, either.

There'll still be fixes in every patch. The ones you care about are eventually going to be in a patchnote list, be it before 41 stable, after 41 stable, or with Build 42, or whenever. But no, MP being released into iwbums will not mean that we're only going to move to MP fixes.

Every IWBUMS update brings at least 1 fix for me as a player that I myself have never even thought of before. Something really random or something I never experienced as being broken or wrong.

Not to talk about what fixes affects my own experience of the game. Every point or whatever called update adds something new like weather or vehicles, but they have there own IWBUMS versions that add fixes. And they are not just fixes to the core systems being implemented with that point release. Allot of IWBUMS's adds new stuff outside of the scope of the point release.

So even now 41 is about animations and 3d items and general improvements to make the game "modern". (sound overhaul, pretty graphics) There are still stuff added that has nothing to do with that aspect of the game. 

• Ripping clothing now have a chance to gives thread (depend on tailoring skill & size of the item).
  • Increased damage done to fences.
  • Increased fishing line spawn rate.
  • - Added loot-window context-menu commands when using a controller:
     1) Turn microwave and stove on/off.
     2) Show settings ui for microwave and stove.
     3) Turn clothing dryer and clothing washer on/off.
     4) Deleting items from trash cans.
  •  Bags can now be chosen to be held in left or right hands
  • Fixed typo in survival guide.
  • Added lights to neon signs.

This are examples of stuff done between 2018-2021 that have nothing to do with Weather or Animations-Modern-Graphics.

The fixes pushed are for the most part always about fixing the core gameplay of PZ. To make it work well enough to be fun. Adding ground work stuff to support later additions or experimental stuff that is a little wonky and needs more work in the future. 

But yes I think MP is going to be full of bugs and fixes needed at first. Just as how when vehicles where added they where HUGE in size. Makes no sense looking back at old videos on YouTube. But Multiplayer is a really important thing that needs allot of work. And it affects the hole game so can not be neglected. Cars you can turn off if they are buggy. But MP work can ruin single player playability so it must be really be maintained after MP beta is released. No matter how much it slows down development of small stuff like moving some random props around the world map. Or anything that do not direct affect core gameplay features. 

And even now vehicles do not have animated doors and trunks, development moved on from them even if not fully developed. Weather and stuff happened and now Animations in 41. 

Just not so long ago blood and rust effects where improved on cars? And trailers where added to the builds! Even now animations is the point of 41 yes? They still developed parts of the game without focusing on just one thing. MP needs technical and under the hood stuff done that takes allot of effort to do right. And I sincerely think they are brave to fight that beast and expect to defeat it. MP is hell to code. But vehicles are just as well hard to get right. But they managed.

So do not worry about MP.  They fix and improve the game is such a wide range of ways that it takes YEARS for anything major to happen :) 

For good or bad.

Archived