The Tale of Brian Thompson

zpocalypse

QUnbmYCh.jpg

It all began on a hot july evening. The dead had rissen, and I was at home in my modest 2 story residential when the SHTF. Having never married, I had no one close to me at the time. This made it easier for the days to come, as my it became my mission to take back the town I had always called home.

Month 1

In the begining, things where hard. I had no real weapons per say to clear my neighborhood with, so I opted for the frying pan I found in my kitchen cubbard. I had tried using kitchen knives, and even forks and spoons, but they were too flimsy, always breaking. No tlike my trusty pan though. It kept the ghouls at bay until I found my trusty hammer.

Lord o lord how I loved that hammer. I found it in an abbandoned trailer park. At first I was loathe to damage it in a fight. But I eventually found more, thus making it my goto in a fight. I had yet to find a proper axe at the time when I began my carerr in carpentry. So I used that trusty hammer to fell some trees in my area, and began crafting some barricaded walls to fence off the backyard of my humble abode. This eventually became Alpha base, my first safe house. It was also where I tentatively learned the arts of farming, even if half my crops didn't quite make it to harvest.

Month 2

Then one day, I was scouting to the south of my neighborhood, where I found a house with a reletively nice fence around it. This seemed like an excellant location to setup a second base of operations, as it was semi out of the way, and would be a great prepping location for taking longer scavenging hunts for supplies. I spent the remainder of the month, clearing the surrounding area, and building my first GOOD farm. Thus began Beta Base.

Month 3

Found a reletively empty warehouse. Seemed like a good location to setup a tiertiary base of operations, if only to get out of the rain, and catch my breath in case I needed to flee. I only tangentially made a small penned in area for some minor crops, and bare essentialls inside for sleeping, and crafting.

Month 4

Still no other survivors. Yet, if I ever do find some, they'll need a place to call there own. Thus I began a campaign to fence off a few houses for my largest construction project yet. It took me about a month to clear the surrounding area. And then a week or so to fell all the timbers and colelct the nails necessary to fence it all in. Thus began Camp Delta.

Month 5

Growing bored of the area, I decided to make a mad dash up the road, as I had remembered there being a large warehouse at the end, which might contain some necessary building supplies. The run up there was terrifiying, never had I seen so many dead heads in one spot before. I was able to get to the warehouse, but on entering I tripepd an alarm, which brought all of them int he area to break into the warehouse. I was able to find a shotgun and some shells inthe crates befor eI made a mad dash tot he roof. Here I made my last stand, and was suprised at how effective the shot gun was in taking  them out, all bunched up inthe hallways. I actually made it out unscathed, and began a new quest to cleanse the surroundign area and begin work on the warehouse as a safe haven and fortress.

alas, during construction, I somehow broke the laws of physics, and ended up climbing down between the walls of the warehouse in the wrong direction. When I got down, I suspiciously died.

GOlU968h.jpg

Some other bastard ended up taking my fortress. Guess he liked the view.

MfckRQRh.jpg

lol, a boardgamer! huzzah.

Yes, I'm one of the developers. My card, <-- same Avatar on the left, is in the game as Ralphie Parker w/ the you'll shoot your eye out ability.

Am so super stoked to get our 3d barricades in later this month.

Were you one of the original kickstarters of the game, or did you get it at your friendly local game store?

Damn, almost forgot to say thankyou!

Haha :D backer right from pretty early :D thank you for a lot of hours fun with radioactive, crazy maniacs ( former called "friends" :D )

Sweet!

Glad you've enjoyed the post nuclear zombie madness of the Zpoc. It was a labor of blood sweat and tears to to pull off.

Here's a shot from one of my partners who went to BGG con, where they combined two sets togethor in addition to our newest enhacement tiles for an 8 player multi scenario free for all. It was declared to be full on shenanigans.

e2e9e5b37772df42e56a5035f61791bb_large.J

As an aside,

Been loving the crap out of Project Zomboid.

I wanna figure out how we can incorproate a similar system of infection into a future game with the scratch / bite ratios used in Zomboid, as currently, you only turn from a direct bite atm. Would love a bit more variability in your turning, via illness chips or some other less black/white turning mechanism.

Haha! You did take the warehouse as safe house!

I never dared... ^^

Now I wanna try ;-)

Wasn't too hard, I mean with the current hordless build anyway. When running up the highway to get to it, I would vear into the storage locker parking lot ove the fence, and then over the fence again, which would lose the majority of zombs i had attracted running the length of the highway.

I had wanted to get a reliable 3 story sheet rope to more easily get lumber to the top floor, however my first attempt glitched in that the sheet rope positioned itself along the inside of the warehouse instead fo the outside, thus I'd climb through my poorly constructed window, glitch through the floors, and die at the bottom, as if i had fallen. It was...undesireable to say the least.

I did back up my save a few days ago, so might give it another attempt, building the window on a different de sledged wall of the roof.

I just ideally wanted to be able to get down to my garden from the roof, and vice versa w/o having to traverse the inside.

Seems the more advanced carpentry stuff has alot of polish needed still. I tried doing stairs a while ago, and i'd end up air walking on the 2nd level till the game physics would crash, reverting me to the last time i slept. Bascially I can't build anythign above 1 level w/o the game crashing or killing me at the moment, so their goes my dreams of zombie towers.

also not sure what the deal is with firearms at 1 or 2 higher levels. My 2nd survivor unloaded multiple magazines for the pistol on the third floor aiming at zombies attracted by the noise, and i never touched a single one. Had to run down to ground level and dispatch them  manually.