Is It Ever Going to see the light of day?

VikingRune

Been waiting for nearly 3 YEARS for Multiplayer.... Are we ever going to get a release or release date or never in our lifetime? lol I remember being so hyped for it coming out like 2 years ago and it never happened the game has just been bland ever since couldn't really get back in to since then...

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/2021/06/mp-status-update/

It's done when it's done. I'm sure you've seen what's happened to rushed games before.

We also have the benefit of previous waiting times, and eventual release showing things will come, and they're better for it. People thought MP originally would never come, people thought cars wouldn't come, people thought especially the animation update would never come.

Plus I'm sure you've played the build 40 MP and can agree it would never hold the game together in any form with its lag and desyncs.

For now, you can use remote play, or play build 40. They're both options for multiplayer that others use to sate their cravings for it.

8 hours ago, VikingRune said:

Badumtss heard this stuff a million times always defending it

And you don't think everyone else hasn't heard the same nonsense on the opposite side?

It's not being released until it's in a state we're happy is playable enough to be fun, we've done this before, and will do it again, and continue to do it again so you don't have an Elite: Dangerous Odyssey on your hands. The fact people think that releasing before anything is done correctly, is in anyway beneficial to a game after every awful broken release we've seen over the years honestly astounds me.

9 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

And you don't think everyone else hasn't heard the same nonsense on the opposite side?

It's not being released until it's in a state we're happy is playable enough to be fun, we've done this before, and will do it again, and continue to do it again so you don't have an Elite: Dangerous Odyssey on your hands. The fact people think that releasing before anything is done correctly, is in anyway beneficial to a game after every awful broken release we've seen over the years honestly astounds me.

Yeah you're screwed either way. People will complain when things take time or get delayed. People complain if they come out too early and there are issues. You can't please everyone.

But they can make the best choice for the work they are doing. It's an integrity move that most game developers these days would never be able to do. It's not like there aren't a thousand other games out there to experience while you wait.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2021 at 4:12 AM, MadDan2013 said:

People thought MP originally would never come, people thought cars wouldn't come, people thought especially the animation update would never come.

I still don't believe NPCs will ever make it to the game in single play, let alone MP. Even though both of those were talked about and the last update was something like 7 years ago.

Look at CP2077, look at No Man's Sky, look at F76- Those are all what happens when developers RUSH A PRODUCT OUT, either to please players or stockholders. It never ends well, no matter how big the company.

Then look at Darkest Dungeons, look at Hades, look at Black Mesa, look at Factorio, look at Subnautica (both of them)- They all were in Early Access FOREVER, but eventually came out, came out relatively bug-free, and everybody loves them now. Were they any less of a game because of it? No, of course not.

Now look at M&B: Bannerlord, look at Valheim, look at Hardspace: Shipbreaker, look at Escape from Tarkov, look at Starsector- All good and perfectly playable games that still happen to be in Early Access/Beta. Will they get out faster if people keeps asking the devs where's the full game? No, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy what's already there. You knew that when you were buying a game on Early Access, so why are you so surprised it's taking long?

I really don't get what you guys gain by constantly pestering the devs about it...

32 minutes ago, macdaddymario said:

Been around since the tech demo release in 2011, before cars and animation overhauls and stuff were even a plan.

It turns out that the game developed before your eyes. How many new things have appeared, how she began to look good. Now you can play this game with pleasure even without an NPC. And someday there will be NPCs.

4 hours ago, macdaddymario said:

I still don't believe NPCs will ever make it to the game in single play, let alone MP. Even though both of those were talked about and the last update was something like 7 years ago.

I mean you're telling me, who's been only a fan of the game as long as you have been, prior to ever being involved with it in any way. I probably would be inclined to believe that too, after so many years but I can assure you there's literally been no changes to anything about them coming to the game, it's just taken ages. They exist, they're worked on, and they will come.

Nothing that's been said publicly has been misleading or anything. It's a weird situation for sure, when the more you tell the truth the less people believe you and just want you to 'admit' they're a myth or something.

After animations are out they'll be talked about publicly again as they'll be the next thing to be added through hunting.

10 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

I mean you're telling me, who's been only a fan of the game as long as you have been, prior to ever being involved with it in any way. I probably would be inclined to believe that too, after so many years but I can assure you there's literally been no changes to anything about them coming to the game, it's just taken ages. They exist, they're worked on, and they will come.

Nothing that's been said publicly has been misleading or anything. It's a weird situation for sure, when the more you tell the truth the less people believe you and just want you to 'admit' they're a myth or something.

After animations are out they'll be talked about publicly again as they'll be the next thing to be added through hunting.

I'm not dogging them or anything. I work on a personal project myself and I recognize things take time. I just also know things publicly announced can get scrapped along the way. I've just personally hit the point that I don't believe they'll come to single and multiplayer. The only way that'll change is seeing them release them for single and multiplayer. If it happens, it happens. I only talked about their (NPCs) last mention to show that 41mp isn't the only thing that has taken them any serious length of time, for people that maybe weren't around 7 to 10 years ago when NPCs for both modes were talked about.

18 minutes ago, macdaddymario said:

I'm not dogging them or anything. I work on a personal project myself and I recognize things take time. I just know things publicly announced can get scrapped along the way. I've just personally hit the point that I don't believe they'll come to single and multiplayer. The only way that'll change is seeing them release them for single and multiplayer. If it happens, it happens. I only talked about their (NPCs) last mention to show that 41mp isn't the only thing that has taken them any serious length of time, for people that maybe weren't around 7 to 10 ago when NPCs for both modes were talked about.

Oh I know you're not dogging us, I understand the perspective from the outside, I just wanted to try to assure you, though I know it's hard. Once we'll be talking about them again, at least this time they'll be close. It'd be a terrible thing to drag a scrapped feature out this long, only making everything worse. :D

FYI cars and animations were always planned, they just weren't talked about as much. They go back about as far, and they eventually made it in.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Tchernobill said:

B40 is the official version.

Ye i was in this version when i first started the game and was wondering what is broken. It looked so much different as the streams i have seen. Then i realized this is not the game everyone plays... but then i realized the real game has no multiplayer... and now i am here.

7 hours ago, playlessNamer said:

Ye i was in this version when i first started the game and was wondering what is broken. It looked so much different as the streams i have seen. Then i realized this is not the game everyone plays... but then i realized the real game has no multiplayer... and now i am here.

b40 is the real game though. Just as real as b41 or as real as a1.2...

Archived