Ability to delay the infection?

Dr. Kamikaze

It's quite disappointing to lose all of your hours of progress because of one mistake with one zombie. Or when you get stun locked by 2 zombies, who are perfectly damaging you one after another. Since from what I've read a cure or immunity will never be added, how about a way to delay it? An item that would be rare, difficult to find or hard to craft, but would be on the player's top priority of items to look for after they get infected. That way there would always still be hope to survive for a few more days and not lose all hope and drink some bleach. Sorry in advance if this was already suggested or it's too similar to being cured.

Sandbox mode.

Turning off infection I think is quite fair. But there are now more options like only bites being a sure death. So that a scratch is not a % risk of a dead run.

And really since we can continue the save with a new character your just having a set back in the skill grind.

I personally have cranked up vehicle attraction sound 2.5x or if it was 3x.

Made injuries much harsher and sleep/hunger/thirst drain faster.

All loot set to "normal" and misc items to "Common"  (some items spawn to much like backpacks but the town feels real)

Spawn rate about normal but no grouping of Zombies. So all Z are roamers and do not munch up.

But the big change is that I play at 4h!  So the day lasts 4 times as long! So travel time and everything is not as rushed. Normal settings time flies and you get nothing done!

Even with infection turned off your still afraid of being bit and hurt! And you get quite sick and need antibiotics and safety to recover from it.

I just say that I'm immune to the Z virus. Makes only sense since how else do you not meet anyone else alive? And being able to be soaked with blood and crap. 

Edit: Really play as you like is the point. But instead of a time crunch I like to increase the amount of time you got per day. Hate having to set up allot of safe houses just to move within a city. 

Instead of a hole day lasting just 1 hour in real time. It lasts 4 hours of playtime. Is that maybe what your after? A more sane time system?

Sleeping takes a bit longer since time moves slower. And reading books takes allot longer too. But your not constantly having to run back to bed every 30minutes. 

Edited by Turbo50

There's a trait called resiliant with a copper coloured spring that gives you maybe 4+ days and in total a whole week to being immune to the infection, but you still have to die and in sandbox you can make zombie infection extremly dangerous, but not lethal,  if you feed your character and sleep enough you can pull through the fever otherwise you die, and then there's this mod that allows you to delay the early stage of the infection if you drink alcohol and to even cure it if you have proper medical ingredients (sry can't remember what's it called).
In general what you want is already available through mods and vanilla.

se você comer e comer bem vai te dar mais algumas horas de vida,
e o traço saudável também é usado para encurtar o tempo de sua morte, e parece uma mola com esse traço ao invés de você morrer em 2 dias de infecção zumbi você morre em 4 dias
aqui está a descrição do traço
Resiliente
"Menos sujeito a doenças. Taxa mais lenta de zumbificação."
-25% taxa de zumbificação, -55% de chance de pegar um resfriado, -20% de força do frio e -50% de velocidade de progressão do frio.
ao fazer isso, você ganha mais algumas horas de vida comendo e sendo bem alimentado, ou vivendo mais 2 dias de vida, mais como em todos os filmes, etc. a morte por uma mordida é INEVITÁVEL
então, para o seu personagem e um
 O FIM

Foi usado o tradutor goolge, tentei consertar os erros, mas o tradutor goolge não permiti