*-------- add crows for a darker/scary atmosphere--------*

Guicsr02

you need to implement crows in the game besides having the scary noise we know, it would bring a grim atmosphere to the game, imagine you killed a lot of zombies and the crows stay in your bodies eating the rotten meat and when you get close they fly attracting more zombies. THIS WILL BE A PERFECT ADDITION TO THE GAME, AND I DOUBT ANYONE PLAYING THIS GAME WOULD NOT LIKE IT.

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite a bit exaggerated Kentucky's rarest bird is common raven but "American crows" are common, 6th most common bird throughout the year (all seasons) so they should be definitely there on the map, but they wouldn't be hiding in corpses and eating rotten flesh, crows would peck out the zombie eyes and eat the brain (realisticaly) so you'd definitely find a creepy sight if you came to some unburied corpses, and to have those crows get scared away by the player causing a loud meta event sounds very interesting, but it would kinda ruin the sneaking mehanics for someone who's able to kill thousands of zombies on default and it would get especially annoying for those who play the game on playing six months later or anything that has 1.0+ zombie population.

So 30% of me is saying YES because it's cool and I dig the idea, but 70% of me is saying NO because it's going to be such a drag, clearing hunderds of zombies just for those crows to attract even more, if this got added WestPoint would be practically unplayable on default and without zombie spawn balancing the game would become Annoying Zomboid.

7 hours ago, Astatine said:

This is quite a bit exaggerated Kentucky's rarest bird is common raven but "American crows" are common, 6th most common bird throughout the year (all seasons) so they should be definitely there on the map, but they wouldn't be hiding in corpses and eating rotten flesh, crows would peck out the zombie eyes and eat the brain (realisticaly) so you'd definitely find a creepy sight if you came to some unburied corpses, and to have those crows get scared away by the player causing a loud meta event sounds very interesting, but it would kinda ruin the sneaking mehanics for someone who's able to kill thousands of zombies on default and it would get especially annoying for those who play the game on playing six months later or anything that has 1.0+ zombie population.

So 30% of me is saying YES because it's cool and I dig the idea, but 70% of me is saying NO because it's going to be such a drag, clearing hunderds of zombies just for those crows to attract even more, if this got added WestPoint would be practically unplayable on default and without zombie spawn balancing the game would become Annoying Zomboid.

but, the crows don't need to appear all the time, it can be sometimes, and in the matter of not having a lot of crows in KY because there are many dead bodies the crows would migrate from other regions because there is more "food" for them.

26 minutes ago, Guicsr02 said:

but, the crows don't need to appear all the time, it can be sometimes, and in the matter of not having a lot of crows in KY because there are many dead bodies the crows would migrate from other regions because there is more "food" for them.

I really don't expect devs to go so in-deapth for just another meta even wile there's much more important work to be done, if they decided to add this meta it would be probably 4-5 months  later once the MP comes out.

3 hours ago, Astatine said:

I really don't expect devs to go so in-deapth for just another meta even wile there's much more important work to be done, if they decided to add this meta it would be probably 4-5 months  later once the MP comes out.

Even if we did - it wouldn't affect MP. There's specific people working on MP who aren't involved in adding anything like this.

22 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Even if we did - it wouldn't affect MP. There's specific people working on MP who aren't involved in adding anything like this.

Oh they're not related with MP team in any way, well then it's quite possible if that's the case, a rareish meta event that happens once in a while over large piles of corpses that make those fly noises as a balance so that they don't spawn on every second corpse, and it could come within build 42 with animals for visualized crows flying away, if it was a priority for that seperate team I think that they could get it done under a month, but let's face it atleast +70% of the players would like to visually witness the meta in b42.

19 hours ago, Astatine said:

Oh, eles não estão relacionados com a equipe MP de forma alguma, bem, então é bem possível se for esse o caso, um raro meta evento que acontece de vez em quando sobre grandes pilhas de cadáveres que fazem aqueles ruídos de mosca como um equilíbrio para que eles não desovar em cada segundo cadáver, e poderia vir no build 42 com animais para corvos visualizados voando para longe, se fosse uma prioridade para aquela equipe separada, eu acho que eles poderiam fazer isso em menos de um mês, mas vamos enfrentá-lo pelo menos + 70% dos jogadores gostariam de testemunhar visualmente o meta em b42.

I like your sugestion, could be a random event, when there was a lot of corpse on the ground together, appear the raven/crows