Where is Build 41.50??

gayonne

Hi Devs:

I was still playing PZ Beta Build 41.50 this morning (HK/Singapore time), and when I came back this afternoon (again HK/Singapore time) I was reverted to Build 40.43. A check on Steam showed that Build 41.50 has been removed and now all there's left are: 

Build 40.43

Build 38.3

Build 39

Build 41 - Most Recent Beta Build!

Build 41 - IWBUMS

Is any of the Build 41's above equivalent to 41.50, or are both now updated to Build 41.53 already? I still have a long(est) standing game that I'm running right now and would really love to continue playing it until your NoiseWorks update is available, so is it possible to put 41.50 back for just a little while longer please? 

This is why we need to support stuff like GoG since DRM is bad and taut you wrong about software and game files!

And steam workshop is a pit of hell and to not imagine to be burned by it is laughably to me. Early modding was really hard but today's Steam Workshop is worse then that! It is not modding as much as a failed monetization system by Valve. It is not a modding tool. It is just bad and a to simple system for a very deep and complex changes to a game. It was never made for a moving version target nor anything but skins and loot boxes.

I got older versions of MSC on my harddrives and even Minecraft versions with there mods stored neatly to be fired up when ever I want. Yes it involves some file system management and work to set up the system to launch this older versions of the games. (Unless a game got a game launcher manager made by the community)

Quite sure on GoG you can download 41.50 still. But the version of My Summer Car I got you can't get anymore since they where BETAS!

Even now Steam probably should have DRM'd the game files of MSC and even PZ, they are not ruining my game folder from booting the game! But I got PZ from GoG so I do not have first hand experience how PZ do with Steam.

Games without crippling DRM practices and good coding practices you just need to copy the game folder to a safe place and you got that version FOR EVER ready to be pasted into the game folder agen and fired up. Even Fallout 1 on Steam I was able to copy and preserve like this. But DOOM (the first DOOM game) today got DRM for some stupid reason in it that stops us from just preserving the executable!

Always online is down right a crime! Do not trust the internet!

Yes there are conflicts sometimes if one leaves newer configs files or something still where the older version of the game is going to search for settings and what not. But if the game is coded in a good manner that should not even be a problem. Or at worst you need to learn where the game throws files around you file system. Game folder + Save games usually are enough to preserve inide titles from braking your experience!

Bottom line is that unless Steam DRM or some GARBAGE crap is part of the executable file for the game, It usually is really easy to keep game versions safe from deletion that ruin your FUN. Like stopping Steam from NUM NUM NUM your game folder with mods downloaded and are all gone one day! Making the save file useless!

When Skyrim was trying to add paid mods to Steam I had a real battle to keep my modded Skyrim from disappearing. But that is what AAA wants! Indiestone did not do this to harm or irritate anyone. It is just a old temporary beta being removed! This is a case of why Steam Workshops SUCKS. In Minecraft and Bethesda days mods where harder to install but from that you learned more about what it takes to maintain and make stuff actually work. Modding City Skyline is a mess since your stuck with STEAM. It is pure hell and I refuse to mod PZ since it is not a sustainable way of doing things.

Steam is not your Friend. GoG is sadly not your friend. But really Inidestone have no reason to care about a volatile beta branch. You agree to save deleting events joining the branch. Modding to the extent that people do on this branches are sickening. Mod makers are not at wrong but the players that think the software/game is in a state for that kind of activities with good results is wrong and need to learn a thing or five about what they are doing.

Learn how software and games work if your going to play with broken stuff like a BETA. Some of us have learned this stuff from "AAA" broken stuff and they give no dam about you! They would only want you to pay them for having fun with mods if anything!

But since "AAA" is so broken nowadays might we be used to janky broken crap? Have found memories of modding Fallout 4 early :)  And I'm not ashamed to say that it was a pre-release version of the launched game I played since the train wreck was obvious. It was less buggy then release if you even can believe that. Updates was just making it worse but my random version was really working well compared to "costumers" experiences.

O right BETHESDA :)

Broken nuke codes due to a new year, multiplayer live service for you. Indiestone is like many inide developers really not bad actors. So stop expecting them to step up to something so stupid as a temporary bug fix version BETA being removed. If you enjoy the version of the game back it up!

If you can not do this to software or games due to them having DRM built in.

Please.

Do not buy it! Do not accept it. Stuff you care less about can have DRM but stuff you enjoy and can be hurt by.

Do Not Support It.

There are very few reasons to accept DRM and anti cheat. Very very few. There intentions at first are just a front today. Now they are a way to control after sales and monetization after the fact.

Archived