Project zomboid suggestions

Destroyer

First of all,sorry for my english,

After watching some videos from youtubers that stream project zomboid,ive noticed that they stop playing after some point,usually when theyre settled and nothing "new" left to do,so i came with an idea to keep players busy and make the game more atractive and the people contining to play it after they fill theyr basic needs:

1 - A Quest system,if project zomboid gives quests for players,that would be a great adition if not one of the better,for example : 

*Kill 50 zombies using a fridge;

*drive for 2 minutes at highest speed;

*grow each plant crop in the game; and so on

Of course rewarding the player with usefull things,if a "quality" system was present in the game,could reward the player with one tier of a random equipment

2 - talking about crops,why not add a npc vendor that will buy crops from you,sell farm stuff using coins that you could get through quests,a npc that trades meds for herbs that you get trough collecting,giving the player another reason to spend time gathering items in the wild using the collect system, a fisherman npc that trades some materials (explained bellow) for fish and junk (could be the junk items spread over the map like dolls)

3 - about fish,a rework in the fish system,you catch a fish,cut it,and get oil,spines etc that you could use to craft new stuff,like needles,specifc protection for specific body parts using fish "leather"(i dont know the english word for that),meds using fish oil

4 - a rework in food system,a good *CRAFTED* quality type of food gives the player a permanent status increase for example,a determined food made out of fish that gives determined ammount of increase in strength perk,that will make players grow crops,fish for food,instead of just walking around robing houses to get more food

5 - about the quality system,if aproved,could be something like dividing equipments and items,for example that you could get throught npcs rewarding the player for completing quests:

tier 5 : poor quality items,low durability,lowest damage,lowest reload speed,lowest defense rating

tier 4,3 and 2 : increasing those same stats a little based on each tier

tier 1 : the best items,highest durability,highest damage overhaull,highest reload speed,highest defense rating and a "random specifc buff" for example an axe that have a 50% bonus           damage against wood,a club that knocks down zombies with 100% chance,a knife that causes bleeding on zombies till they die (and a good ammount not 1 healt per second)

6 - more craftable items ,preferably using "junk" items,a c4 explosive doll using dools :D and yeah we do really need explosives,footballs that can be transformed in bombs,baseballs that could be transformed in grenades,like fallout 4 xD ,barricades for cars,yes for vehicles,you craft it and after reaching determined mechanic perk lvl you could attach them in your vehicles making them more tanky ,we really need a card that could kill zombies in contact and dont lose so much durability :/

7 - more interactions and animations with the world,for example,sitting in a chair should be a thing,watching your character sleeping in a bed should be a thing,a "pee" need,obviously everyone pees,so why not our chracter? xD 

8 - the game has lots of items but just a few are usable or needed,give them a boost,really,trought crafting or trought furniture that actually boosts your charcter happyness when placed in the players houses

9 - if we have mettalurgy perk,why cant we melt down gold rings and etc to make metals and them using those to craft good quality of better items? if the quality system was aproved,that should fit perfectly for that,eveyone would enjoy looting zombie corpses for those rings medallions etc

10 - the hardest decision adition but the better,a cure system,a med that you could craft using all herbs and meds in the game to cure from zombiefication

I have plenty of other ideas and could even make those that i mentioned better,if interested please give me your feedback,you can enter in contact with me throught my email too ,ill be immensily happy to see the game becomes more  famous and atracting more players!

I would say almost all of these won't be a thing, but there's some exceptions, where stuff will just be a better and more unique system of things you suggested. Specifically with NPCs, really. I'll go through these one by one.

11 hours ago, Destroyer said:

1 - A Quest system,if project zomboid gives quests for players,that would be a great adition if not one of the better,for example : 

*Kill 50 zombies using a fridge;

*drive for 2 minutes at highest speed;

*grow each plant crop in the game; and so on

Of course rewarding the player with usefull things,if a "quality" system was present in the game,could reward the player with one tier of a random equipment

There will be some quest system in the game, as far as I'm aware, but probably focused on more dynamic encounters or generation. Something like the leader of your NPC group sends you on a supply mission, as you're running low on food. Or maybe you see some NPC getting attacked, and you can make it your goal to save and join up with them and form a group.

Coins and weapon rewards for completing quests are just not remotely the game we're trying to make. That's a very mobile type of game and a very generic system for a game like this.

2 - talking about crops,why not add a npc vendor that will buy crops from you,sell farm stuff using coins that you could get through quests,a npc that trades meds for herbs that you get trough collecting,giving the player another reason to spend time gathering items in the wild using the collect system, a fisherman npc that trades some materials (explained bellow) for fish and junk (could be the junk items spread over the map like dolls)

NPC static vendors, definitely not. We have much bigger plans for NPCs:

Capture3.PNG

3 - about fish,a rework in the fish system,you catch a fish,cut it,and get oil,spines etc that you could use to craft new stuff,like needles,specifc protection for specific body parts using fish "leather"(i dont know the english word for that),meds using fish oil

When animals are implement this might get looked at further, definitely an interesting idea for Zomboid to expand on in some detail in my opinion.

WIP of one future animal:

NqaVrv1.gif

4 - a rework in food system,a good *CRAFTED* quality type of food gives the player a permanent status increase for example,a determined food made out of fish that gives determined ammount of increase in strength perk,that will make players grow crops,fish for food,instead of just walking around robing houses to get more food

Not sure on this, but I agree with the sentiment of needing variety in diet. But then, it is an apocalypse so people can't be too picky. Something that'd need to be balanced very specifically and might just be easier to keep how it is.

5 - about the quality system,if aproved,could be something like dividing equipments and items,for example that you could get throught npcs rewarding the player for completing quests:

tier 5 : poor quality items,low durability,lowest damage,lowest reload speed,lowest defense rating

tier 4,3 and 2 : increasing those same stats a little based on each tier

tier 1 : the best items,highest durability,highest damage overhaull,highest reload speed,highest defense rating and a "random specifc buff" for example an axe that have a 50% bonus           damage against wood,a club that knocks down zombies with 100% chance,a knife that causes bleeding on zombies till they die (and a good ammount not 1 healt per second)

Definitely not. 100% not what Project Zomboid is. No Legendary Golden Epic Plunger of Death and the like. Weapons are just weapons.

6 - more craftable items ,preferably using "junk" items,a c4 explosive doll using dools :D and yeah we do really need explosives,footballs that can be transformed in bombs,baseballs that could be transformed in grenades,like fallout 4 xD ,barricades for cars,yes for vehicles,you craft it and after reaching determined mechanic perk lvl you could attach them in your vehicles making them more tanky ,we really need a card that could kill zombies in contact and dont lose so much durability :/

I don't think there would be much easy access to making, or finding C4 in 1993 rural Kentucky. Explosives will get expanded on in the future to not be completely useless like they are now, though.

Car modifications are a yes, here's an old prototype image:

8RmIxm1.png

Otherwise, not really the style of game we're making.

7 - more interactions and animations with the world,for example,sitting in a chair should be a thing,watching your character sleeping in a bed should be a thing,a "pee" need,obviously everyone pees,so why not our chracter? xD 

Sitting in chairs will be a thing, yes. Peeing we've decided not to go to that extent with managing the character's needs as it'd get annoying very quickly. There is a defecation mod though.

8 - the game has lots of items but just a few are usable or needed,give them a boost,really,trought crafting or trought furniture that actually boosts your charcter happyness when placed in the players houses

I guess the upcoming VHS and CDs will count towards this.

9 - if we have mettalurgy perk,why cant we melt down gold rings and etc to make metals and them using those to craft good quality of better items? if the quality system was aproved,that should fit perfectly for that,eveyone would enjoy looting zombie corpses for those rings medallions etc

Blacksmithing used to be in the game, but everyone hated it so it got removed. And personally I hope it never comes back.

10 - the hardest decision adition but the better,a cure system,a med that you could craft using all herbs and meds in the game to cure from zombiefication

100%, there will never be a cure or any other ending other than death in the base game of Zomboid.

Thanks for the suggestions though. :)