Anarchist Cookbook

mrorgan13

Not like a skill book but used as and item. This could be an item that is consumed when used. I thought use the book and bleach or add aluminum and use orange soda bottles and you could drop a wussy bomb as you are walking / running to knock down (not hurt or kill) zombies that are tailing the player.

Yeah as people say it's generally a bad idea. You don't really find the book anywhere unless someone printed it off and even then how many people would actually have it? Then you also got to think about the fact, do you actually have the skill to pull off some of these items? Probably not. More likely than not you would blow yourself up trying to make something from the book.

what is the Anarchists Cookbook?

I only know the Patriots Cookbook and that was aparrently banned in Fallout before the war.

That's a joke on the Anarchist Cookbook, it's basically a book containing ways to make napalm and petrol bombs etc. It's been outlawed most places because of how it teaches you to make bombs and such.

I once had a digital copy of the book that I acquired from a flash drive a friend gave me that had a few PDF files on it. Having the book in your possession immediately gets your name put on a blacklist and immediately points an accusing finger directly at you if you're anywhere near any sort of incident regarding bombs or explosives. It's essentially a big red flag to the government saying "Keep an eye on me, I know how to make black powder in a box."

The book has acquired this massive urban legend reputation through the years, but it is nothing terribly special. Much of the content is either incorrect or actively harmful to whoever attempts to use it. It is widely enough spread on the net (including various more or less uselessly annotated variants) that I doubt you'll go on any authority's black list just by having it lying around on your computer either.

All the info you need on bombmaking is widely available anyway, both on the 'net and in chemistry books, and the drug making parts of the book will be useless in the apocalypse pretty quick as access to industrially produced chemicals will be rather restricted.

It is not exactly a secret what blackpowder contains. Nor are the excrement-related methods of acquiring saltpeter, since that is how it was originally mass produced. Watch out though, law enforcement officials may try to stop you if you go to the history section in your local library.

Okay, I encourage the use of it as another hard to find, one of a kind joke item. Reading it causes a group composed entirely of police officers to spawn on the map, hunt you down, and beat you with night sticks.

LMAO this may be the most realistic feature yet :)

i think it would be a funny Easter egg to find in someones wardrobe lol.

in my teens i had a real copy of the original book which was more than accurate (but was not by any means an idiots guide), unfortunately i lost it when i almost blew up the dog (and took my eyebrows off for the fifth time) and every copy i have found since then has been useless in comparison, as all good online things it suffered from very poor imitators

oh the memories.........

There's nothing illegal about having an understanding of historical manufacturing methods. But if you do that you should at least use a legitimate source, like a blasting manual or a military TM.

Honestly, the realistic option is to allow a player to try a recipe and potentially blow their hand off, realizing that recipe is bunk at that point. That's how finding the anarchnist cookbook for a lay person is going to work out. Kinda like when Stalker Online added the recipe for Acetone Peroxide to their game >_>

There's nothing illegal about having an understanding of historical manufacturing methods. But if you do that you should at least use a legitimate source, like a blasting manual or a military TM.

Honestly, the realistic option is to allow a player to try a recipe and potentially blow their hand off, realizing that recipe is bunk at that point. That's how finding the anarchnist cookbook for a lay person is going to work out. Kinda like when Stalker Online added the recipe for Acetone Peroxide to their game >_>

Great anti-suggestion.

Great anti-suggestion.

:P

Maybe this sort of item could be added as a joke or reference like a survivor recipe book, but the Anarchist Cookbook by name is just a bad idea.

Seeing as people already manage to kill themselves by drinking bleach in the game, I'm all for adding more volatile and/or toxic substances for the player to experiment with and potentially ingest, just to give them some variety.

"Howd ya die today Frank?"

"I blew my own safehouse apart trying to make explosives, FML."

:P

• 2 weeks later...

My dad has a copy of the original paperback he purchased in the early 80's. It hasn't been banned (at least here in the US) it's just something that might rustle the ATF's feathers if you also have some of the materials laying around and if you really admire Timothy McVeigh.

Troll one moment, good forum member the next.....???????