I CAN'T LOAD MY SAVE (please help)

FlorianPZ

Hello guys ! I can't load my save anymore, here is the message "Sorry, an error happened." "The following file can contains usefuls informations about this error ---> C:\Users...Zomboid\console.txt". I checked the file and don't understand anything. Someone can help me to "save" this save because I put so much time into it. :)PZ.thumb.jpg.e1d738c1d9bbb82ee8e7906a0edb50f7.jpg

10 hours ago, FlorianPZ said:

Hello guys ! I can't load my save anymore, here is the message "Sorry, an error happened." "The following file can contains usefuls informations about this error ---> C:\Users...Zomboid\console.txt". I checked the file and don't understand anything. Someone can help me to "save" this save because I put so much time into it. :)PZ.thumb.jpg.e1d738c1d9bbb82ee8e7906a0edb50f7.jpg

Hi guys, unfortunatelly I have also that kind of message.. Here is my console file

console.txt

Wow ! Thanks Beard ! For anyone who reads this post, the problem is definitevely the mod "Authentic Z". [WARNING] unsub/reset/resub is not enough to load the save, you have to launch PZ,  "chose mods" from the corrompt load, click on (activate)  "Authentic Z - current" and desactivate the other one "Authentic Z". It works very well, i'm happy ! Thank a lot and have a good game guys :)

PZ fix Authentic Z.jpg

6 hours ago, ZleZomboidy said:

I will keep trying but I think the save file may be broken.

Hey ZleZomboidy, yesterday my save was corrompt a new time, I checked "choose mods" in my save file and change "Authentic Z - Current" to "Authentic Z"  and my save work fine now (it depends on the date you started your game save).

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Everytime i start my game, it doesnt load and just stays on the screen of the main menu. Nothing else happens. I tried updating, removing mods etc. I have now started 2 games and cant load them. 

On 8/14/2021 at 5:59 AM, OuiZombi said:

Hello, I am also encountering the same error. Appreciate if you can help.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:03 PM, Klaskov said:

Hello,

Everytime i start my game, it doesnt load and just stays on the screen of the main menu. Nothing else happens. I tried updating, removing mods etc. I have now started 2 games and cant load them. 

..have you tried any of the solutions mentioned above? Removing and updating mods, etc?

• 1 year later...

What do I do I tried I’m pretty sure the save file is not corrupt and it says I’m missing mods and it tells me them but when I look have them enabled I tried they said above, but it just don’t work. Please help. I spent hours on this save.

image.jpg

Before doing any changes to the save, I recommend backing it up. After doing that, first create a new single player game with the exact same mods (if any).
Then navigate to “C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves” find your specific save folder with errors. Then open the new game save folder that you created. From there, copy the “map_ver.bin” file and paste it into the save folder that has the error.
That should fix the mod issue, if it does not then deleting the “map_t.bin” file could fix it as well, though this will cause issues with several other features, such as keeping track of time.