Valks Suggestions

valkyrienyanko

Hello, here is my list of suggestions for PZ, I will be adding to this as I think of more suggestions and removing suggestions if they were implemented into the game.

World

• Some fences in the world cannot be deconstructed or destroyed by zombies, add the ability for zombies to destroy these objects and allow the player to deconstruct them (I'm not sure if this was intended or not)

Player

• The player should fall down much more frequently when they run into zombies, right now it's too easy to just run through a small crowd of zombies to get away

User Interface

• Allow containers to be set to specific categories or allow us to move all <category type> to the container with the click of a button instead of having to click select drag the items into the container everytime (e.g. "Move All Literature to Bookshelf", "Move All Food to Fridge")
  • Add an option to replace bandage instead of going through the manual process of removing then adding
  • Add a UI section that shows which books we have read and what books we still have yet to read
  • Expand the sandbox "Starter Gear" checkbox to a UI section that allows you to bring any number of items you choose into the game
  • Searching containers should take time to discover what's in that container, only one item at a time will be revealed every few seconds (each item could have its own unique time it takes to uncover what that item is)

Bugs

• [Tested in Build 41] You can close doors inside a house when you are outside of the house near the outside wall (the door inside is close enough to you that you can close it)
Edited by valkyrienyanko

The first item is actually in game. Its somewhere in the options menu, can't recall atm. It sets it so that when a task on fast forward is done, it sets it back to normal speed.

I think the fast time compression keeps running if your character has multiple tasks cued up, like removing all the headlights on a car. It only stops when your done doing whatever last task you had assigned.

It's amazing.the amount 9f features this game has, I've been at it for 3 years or more, and still learn new things all the time. 

Unfortunately, since a lot of features have been tacked on during it's long development cycle, not all of them seem obvious, or behave in ways consistent with other feature, so it can be a little unintuitive at times. I suspect all that will be ironed out once we hit 1.0.

Beyond that, there are a number of user made mods that tackle most of the things on your list.

Despite features are in mods already, don't hold out hope the devs won't add that stuff later. I wouldn't be surprised if 25% of user made content wasn't already on their radar. Hell, a lot of stuff added in  build 41.51 were things modders had already rigged up to fill the gap.

If I understand correctly, it is a small dev team, so they find themselves in situations where they would like to add features in, but need to avoid getting bogged down by the minor things while they build a solid core for this game to stand and deliver what they hope it to.

I don't code at all, but I can gather by the many systems running in the background, along with those in front of the player, that there are a lot of little working parts that need to run like a smooth, oiled machine, or a lot of the bigger elements may break down.

Basically, 1.0 will probably be pretty epic. Cutting my point short atm, but my phones about to die.

Cheers mate, its Friday.

I have some experience with netcode (ENet, Unity LLMAPI, Mirror) so I have a vague idea of what the devs are going through right now. Netcode is the root of all multiplayer projects, if you slack off with that you are ruining everything that stems from it. I'm happy with what they have produced so far, it's an amazing game, and I wish them the best of luck can offer.