No Cursor.

ppnl

Question

Can't start the game because the cursor disappears when LUA loads. It is there but invisible as I can highlight options in the list.

The first time I loaded the game it started fine. After that it no visible cursor except once it appeared all of a sudden. But launch again and it is gone.

5 answers to this question

I would also recommend going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and deleting everything there except the "Saves" folder. This folder does not get deleted when uninstalling and it contains old saves and all your custom settings. Perhaps a setting from an old version of the game could have caused problems.

Nope, still not working.

It seems like LUA is not loading. The "loading LUA" message comes up and almost instantly disappears with the cursor.  Everything else loads but the cursor is gone.

Very rarely the cursor will appear and I can play one game. But on the next load it is gone.

Ok, I got it in a playable state but its pretty weird.

In Beta 39 I start the game and have no cursor. Wait at least one minute then start task manager.  Close task manager and bring the game back up from the task bar. like magic I have a cursor. You have to do this on every start.

In beta 41 you do this once and it appears to have fixed it. The cursor is a pointing finger rather than an arrow here.

It is playable but this is just weird and silly.

No modes that I know of but it was installed several years ago. I don't recall installing any mods. I did uninstall it and reinstall from steam so that should have flushed anything I did back then.

I noticed that I can install different versions of the game. I may try an older version to see if it works.

Archived