Sapien

Here are the things I wish to see in future updates.

(Some of these might have been in the game and I just didn't noticed )

1. General Mechanics and Realism

-Proper Sleep and Resting Animations

-Loot Sheets from Beds

-Craftable Pillows or Sheets

-Craftable Bags/Sacks/Rucksacks

-Lie Down on bed/Sit on chairs to rest

-Sit on any surface slightly higher than the floor or on any seat-like object like boxes or furniture

-The character must find the closest object to lean or sit on when resting and not just stand there for hours like a maniac

-Rain should soften and destroy cardboard boxes

-Proper Animation when using shower and bath tubs to clean self

-Zeds randomly attacking other zeds

-Make items 'visible' on pickup truck container

-Pockets on clothing as small containers - this should be craftable as well

-Exploding Tanks/Fuel Containers

-Improve the appearance of dropped loot

-Peeking through door peep holes or small holes/cracks on walls

-Trees should fall as fallen trees, this should block the pathway, fallen trees can be chopped down to logs using the axe

-Trees could fall naturally over time or if there is strong wind or if they are partially chopped by the player

-Pouring Cleaning Liquid on glossy floor should make it slippery for both player and zeds

-Dismemberment

2. Abilities

-Leaning on walls and peeking on corners

-Throwing stuff to make noise

-Throwing weapons on enemies

-Setting up traps

-Going Prone/Crawling

-Dual-wield: Use primary and secondary weapons simultaneously - like pistol on the right hand and machete on the other

-Create Bonfire using pile of trash or dry leaves in the woods. Make trash/leaves pile using rake.

-Expanding vision using mirrors: Facing the mirror should make the behind visible or strategically placing the mirror on walls to make you see around corners - you get the idea

3. Crafting/Building/Furniture

-Dragging furniture across the floor for quick blockage of passageways

-Use tabletops and furniture surface as container like the chairs on vehicles

-More Non-Glass Window Variation

-Fixed and Movable Ladders

-Building Underground Bunkers

-Living Potted Plants

-Craft improvised light source from car batteries and lightbulbs

-Adding Pillows and Sheets on Couches of Beds to slightly increase bed quality

-Somewhat realistic plumbing and wiring system

-Wind make curtains/sheets on open windows/doors move: this should also affect visibility

Edited by Sapien

I'm guessing most of the mods/devs don't have time to respond to most of these so I'll help you out with the answers I know bro:

- Will be coming eventually, maybe before B41 stable drops.

- Was stated in most recent devblog that sheet and pillow loot from beds could be coming at some point in the future.

- Probably won't ever come in vanilla but there are plenty of mods for pillow/sheet crafting

- Great idea, I'd love to see it with Tailoring. Maybe with rope or wheat/hay when we get the Farming Overhaul.

- The mechanic is already in the game, just not the animations.

- Seems like it would make chairs/beds pointless so I doubt it will ever come.

- You already have to be on a chair/bed to rest or while sitting on the floor.

- Would be a nice feature for realism. Maybe it could slowly lower the weight capacity until it's finally destroyed

- No word on that yet. As of now, there's no gameplay reason to even clean yourself unless you have the Hemophobic trait. Ideally, hygiene needs to be an actual mechanic first.

- Doesn't really make sense based on the lore.

- 3D item models is coming soon. Before B41 stable drops. After that, they will work on containers showing the actual contents as the 3D models themselves. Exciting!

- I've seen it in mods, it might come one day. I've never seen any devs talk about it, but an inventory rework probably is on the table as of right now.

- Could possibly come after Yuri's Fire Overhaul finally drops. Definitely not before. Flame and Pipe bombs are already in the game for this reason.

- Like I said above, Rockstar Mike has been working on 3D item models and they look amazing so far.

- Could be a very fun feature. I like it, and it makes a lot of sense, however it might be annoying if zeds can see you through them as well.

- Would be hard to make it work without changing trees into 3D sprites, which would be a little uncanny. Maybe it could work by changing into tiles. I like the idea otherwise.

- Great idea if the above is added, would make a lot of sense and could create dynamic problems with paths and roads.

- Fun and unique trap idea! Tripping/Falling is already in the game, so it should be very easy.

- Might come, might not. I would lean more towards a yes than no, however.

- Would be a good mechanic, but could be difficult to pull off in the engine.

- Another good idea that would make a lot of sense, as throwing mechanics are already in the game. Could use Empty Bottles, Stones, or even Alarm Clocks.

- Throwable bombs already exist, but again things like Bottles could be a good weapon in a desperate moment.

- There are a good amount of traps already in game, both for food and combat. More would always be nice. I would expect this along with B44 or B45 as a Base Defense Overhaul would be important with those updates.

- I've never seen devs talk about this, might just not be useful enough to add.

- Would be nice, but would need a complete control overhaul so unlikely. We aren't supposed to be action hero badasses anyways!

- You can make fires out of Planks or Logs. Would be nice to use leaves as kindling, but I think a trash/leaf fire would burn too quick to make sense at the game's timescale

- Really great concept, I think it's been confirmed before to be coming at some point.

- You can already do this with the Pick Up/Place mechanic. Just gotta get quick at it.

- Confirmed coming some point after Rockstar Mike's 3D Items. At least for tables.

- Not sure what this means... Plastic windows or something?

- Would be a really great addition. Most likely coming one day.

- Basements/Cellars are coming someday, as soon as they figure out how to implement it correctly. Hopefully we will get sewers and subways along with it! Would be the best update ever!!

- Will most likely come with Farming Overhaul. Right now, greenhouses are finnicky and strange. Would help a lot

- Could be a good mechanic, but since you need electricity to recharge car batteries, it wouldn't be renewable or sustainable. I would probably guess this isn't coming.

- Yes, this would be an awesome mechanic. Maybe we could even add an extra mattress, pillows, and sheets to a Good Quality Bed to make it Great Quality.

- Will come one day, but a long time from now. Close to 1.0 if not a 1.0+ feature. Plumbing needs to be it's own skill, and Electrical needs more uses at High Levels.

- Probably wouldn't work with the 2D sprites they currently use. I think it would be annoying also.

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

Yeah, he's good for that, as I've come to learn. You'd swear the guy was a moderator.

But a good game brings out the passionate players. And even in it's current state, I kinda view zomboid as one of better games available out there.

Thanks, I appreciate it! This game is definitely a huge passion of mine and I love sharing it with the rest of our community here:)