[IWBUMS 41.53] Zombies have infinite memory if a line of sight is maintained (Video proof)

BlueFeena

I downloaded version 41.53 the other day and noticed that zombies seemed to be very difficult to shake.  I wasn't sure what was causing this at first, but after a little testing, I discovered that zombies have unlimited memory if the player maintains a direct line of sight with the zombie -- even if the player is well outside the zombie's sight range.

Observe:

In the above example, I aggro two zombies.  These zombies follow me some distance, then I take off running down the street in a straight line.  This is very important.  After a couple of blocks, I stop and wait.  Despite being well outside the zombie's sight range, they continue to follow.

After that, I get up, run down the street again and take a break after a few blocks.  This time, I run even further, and the zombies are still following!

Lastly, I run down the street, climb over several fences, all in a straight line and then take another break.  One of the zombies continues to follow, and shows up a minute or so later.  The second, zombie, after a quick check, apparently got hung up on something, but was still following me despite having traveled well outside of his sight capabilities!

Now on to the second example:  If the player does in fact break the line of sight, zombies will forget and no longer follow the player, as they should.  Re-entering a line of sight will not aggro said zombies, allowing the player to elude them like normal:

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with stealth, and only to do with line of sight.  In my proper game, I am playing a stealth character with utterly insane stealth stats (almost like stealth points are bugged...) and she is having the same problem.  Zombies continue to follow, no matter what, as long as a direct straight line is maintained -- regardless of how far away the zombies actually are.

Technical information:

No mods

IWBUMS 41.53

GoG Archival Version (not from GoG Galaxy)

Windows 7 Pro

Thanks for reading.

Edited by BlueFeena

Yeah I've noticed this too when i was running away from a goup of zobmies in Riverside, they followed me from that mall to the parkings lots above the hardware store and i was runing in a straight line + never broke their line of sight, also sneaking levels and trait inconspicuous don't do anything / not as nearly as before, I'm unable to play sprinters anymore because some zombies spot me from distances larger then our ability to zoom out, by far these are the two most annoying (possibly bugs) additions that weren't here in b41.50