[IWBUMS 41.53] Thick Skinned and Thin Skinned do the opposite of what they should do?

PseudonymousEd

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but it looks like Thick Skinned makes it easier to hit the character and Thin Skinned makes it harder to hit the character.  That should be flipped.

// Snipped from BodyDamage.class, run through a decompiler
// Looks like ThickSkinned reduces n5, and ThinSkinned increases n5

if (this.ParentChar.Traits.ThickSkinned.isSet()) {
            n5 /= (int)1.3;
        }
        if (this.ParentChar.Traits.ThinSkinned.isSet()) {
            n5 *= (int)1.3;
        }

// Stuff happens in between, then if a random 100 roll is > n5, you are hit
// So a larger n5 means you are harder to hit, and smaller n5 means you are easier to hit
// Which is the opposite of what was done above

if (Rand.Next(100) > n5) {
            boolean b2 = true;
            boolean b3 = false;

// Then b2=true runs some code that shows that you've been scratched

if (b2) {
            // HIT!!!

I also have a pastebin that describes the issue:  

https://pastebin.com/dS1BhYcx

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 1:24 PM, Astatine said:

Wait, people still gamble with death and useful points with this trait?!

Skill points are for free in the very underweight claustrophobic smoker weak slow reader slow healer cowardly weak stomach prone to illness unlucky meta. It's hardly a gamble, spending 8 points to increase your chances of survival, when everything wrong with you is either a minor inconvenience at worst, or goes away over time.

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

3 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

Skill points are for free in the very underweight claustrophobic smoker weak slow reader slow healer cowardly weak stomach prone to illness unlucky meta. It's hardly a gamble, spending 8 points to increase your chances of survival, when everything wrong with you is either a minor inconvenience at worst, or goes away over time.

As a fast learner I can tell you only one thing, whatever floats your boat , I can obviously see that you have some personal traits here that I wouldn't take in a life time, because i just can't adapt them to my style of gameplay, I've learned all of the cons and pros for these traits and one thing is for sure. I'll never be gambling with thick skinned again. NEVER, but in general for what's it worth it sucks hard (personale experience and opinion).

It does seem that currently Thickskinned and Thinskinned are doing the exact opposite it what they should be doing.

1. Here we see that n4 is defined as your blade/blunt guard + 15. In other words, your defense.

int n4 = 15 + this.getParentChar().getMeleeCombatMod();

2. If you have Thickskinned, your defense gets smaller. If you have Thinskinned, your defense gets larger.

if (this.ParentChar.Traits.ThickSkinned.isSet()) {
            n4 = (int)((double)n4 / 1.3);
        }
  if (this.ParentChar.Traits.ThinSkinned.isSet()) {
            n4 = (int)((double)n4 * 1.3);
        }

I don't think any further examination is needed to conclude things can't possibly be working as intended.