My ideas for PZ (Take 3)

NightScale5755

Ok, so. I've noticed that when the power shuts off, it's map-wide. Realistically (from what I gather!), there would be substations, and as the power plant fails, the grid would go down in sectors. I really don't know how difficult such a thing would be to code in. But assuming it's feasible, perhaps add not only substations, but a regional power plant? Basically so adventurous solo survivors, or even a group on a server (When MP drops) could restore power? Heck, make the substations require maintenance like the generators, as well as once the power shutoff happens, there'd only be X substations able to be online at a time without overloading the system and causing another blackout? Maybe put this max substation amount in the sandbox options? Idk, just thinking of some ways to make the game more immersive.

This kind of reminds me of that one mod on steam based around keeping the emergency broadcast up and running. If they can work it like that mod does, than I bet it wouldn't be that hard, but I am curious how they would balance it.

the balancing piece is a curious question. I think either A. Making the power grid need maintenance like generators, but ONLY after it goes down, or B. Make it so once the grid goes down, implement the part I suggest at the end, where you can't have the entire grid running at once anymore. Otherwise you'll overload the system and cause a blackout. Possibly both. 
As for "Save Our Station"? It's a neat mod, and I feel something akin to it should be implemented in such a "power and light" update as well.
Anyways, thanks for commenting!