How Do You Cure a Fever?

Ergenta

Question

Did this feature get updated past 41.50? I got a fever and drove away from all the zombies, slept but it my health was still going down. Long story short, I died from a fever even though I did exactly what I use to do on 41.50. How do you cure a fever post that update?

8 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Oh, that's fortunate!.. Yeah, the character got zombiefied in the end... means that the zed infection is not turned off (happened to me a number of times :( ) Could you double check sandbox settings perhaps? (just to be sure) Other than that, how often does this happen? If this happens all the time, then I'd recommend removing all the mods and trying without (again, just to be sure).

Alright... I'll take the L on this one. Somehow the function was on even though I've used the exact same settings for like forever. 

11 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

What traits did your character have? What kind of fever was this? (did char get zombiefied or just died?) Any mods?

I slept near zombies and I first got nauseated. I tried sleeping in a new area with less zombies but the effects got worse and fell into a fever. I then escaped the entire area and tried to sleep with no zombies or dead bodies around and my health kept going down. in v41.50, all I had to do was go to unaffected area and sleep. I simply could not get rid of the fever regardless of out desolate I was. I was in a car and it was 70 degrees, just fyi so it wasn't temperature caused fever. I also tried sleep in both a car and in a bed with zero zombies around and still, the health went down. 

6 minutes ago, Ergenta said:

I slept near zombies and I first got nauseated. I tried sleeping in a new area with less zombies but the effects got worse and fell into a fever. I then escaped the entire area and tried to sleep with no zombies or dead bodies around and my health kept going down. in v41.50, all I had to do was go to unaffected area and sleep. I simply could not get rid of the fever regardless of out desolate I was. I was in a car and it was 70 degrees, just fyi so it wasn't temperature caused fever. I also tried sleep in both a car and in a bed with zero zombies around and still, the health went down. 

Hmm.. could you try again, please? (haven't answered any of the questions I've asked ;) )

31 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Hmm.. could you try again, please? (haven't answered any of the questions I've asked ;) )

Traits: No negative traits. They were all fitness related
Fever type: Caused by Nausea from sleeping near dead zombies 
Zombification was turned off: The direct cause of the death was from the fever slowly killing me
Mods: Nothing that effects direct core gameplay. All cars, weapons/armor related. 

Screenshot 2021-07-30 052426.png

Screenshot 2021-07-30 052559.png

Oh, that's fortunate!.. Yeah, the character got zombiefied in the end... means that the zed infection is not turned off (happened to me a number of times :( ) Could you double check sandbox settings perhaps? (just to be sure) Other than that, how often does this happen? If this happens all the time, then I'd recommend removing all the mods and trying without (again, just to be sure).

9 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Did you watch the video? I'm not concerned about what happens after I died, I was concerned about WHY I died. I slept near zombies, got nausea which turned into a fever and couldn't get rid of it. Because you're not acknowledging this or some new update to this function, I'm going to assume nothing as changed through the different versions. Or at the very least if there has been, either you're not aware of it or it's a yet acknowledged bug. 

I have over 1k hour playtime and I've never turned into a zombie pre death or slowly zombified. If you watch the video, you'll notice a nausea sign which slowly turns into a fever...

Checked settings: Not enabled. 
How often does this happen? First time ever after 1k+ hr playtime

Archived