Sneaking in 41.53

RuckiR

I made myself a character with the best traits for sneaking I think, with Thief Profession, the "hard to detect" trait and hunter trait. What I wonder about is why I see so much difference in from how far away Zombies can see me, sometimes Im 3m away and sometime they detect me from approx. triple the distance, hearing detection seems to be more consistent. Therefore a few questions from me on how sneaking currently works.

1.) Does Cover play a role and if yes do I have to be directly behind the cover or is it enough to f.e. be close to the edge of the forrest ?

2.) Does Clothing type or Clothing color play a role ? Like green clothes in the forrest ?

3.) Is mood playing a role, like beeing panicked or so ?

4.) Is the right click combat stance mode really exactly the same as pressing C and go into sneak mode ? Do we have to be at first already in C sneak mode and only then combat stance is the same as sneak mode ?

5.) Whats the difference between sneak skill and light footed ?

6.) Regarding sound detection, is the sound we make on the ground playing a role, f.e. grass vs road ?

7.) Do different shoes play a role in sound detection and if yes, which are the bests ?

Sneaking skill doesn't change zombie sight detection range, only sound detection range.

1. I think cover only works when your character crouches lower when near cars/walls/fences.

2. It doesn't, but it's planned afaik.

3. Afaik no.

4. No difference. Unless you want to have the advantage of cover as in point 1. afaik.

5. Sneak is for sneaking, light-footed is for walking/jogging etc.

6. Afaik no.

7. Afaik no.

I was under the impression that sneaking reduces your visual "foot print"(less likely to see you) and that light footed reduces the noise when moving.

I haven't played around that much with stealth builds, as I find I eventually get impatient and start bashing brains, so I can't say with any real accuracy what the specifics of sneaking are.

Aside from footwear, I dont believe clothes has any effect on sneaking, but maybe clothing weight/encumbrance (how much it slows you down) may gave a role.

The above is all conjecture, though, and shouldn't be taken as an accurate answer.

Archived