IWBUMS 41.53 released

Batsphinx

41.53 has been released on the IWBUMS Public Beta

PLEASE NOTE:

This patch includes a fix to a longstanding bug - we have always wanted to have the mouse cursor disappear when you prepare for a melee strike so that only the Iso-cursor is visible.

We have always wanted this as it will mean that new players find it easier to adjust to PZ's combat.

If you find this fix weird/annoying then we have also added a Display option to toggle it back to how it was before: "Show Mouse Cursor While Aiming".

NEW

- "Remove Curtains" works the way it used to, giving the player a Sheet.
- Added a tooltip to tell the player they'll get a sheet, and that they can pick up the curtains using the furniture tool.
(We may adjust sheet loot again in future by letting you take them off beds, or having more to loot in bedrooms etc)

- Don't display the option to plumb a sink if there isn't a water source overhead.
- Allow plumbing a sink if the water source is directly overhead (as opposed to requiring a square adjacent to the square overhead).

- Reverted the change that checked for tainted water in rain collectors connected to plumbed sinks. We intend to improve on this system at a later date.

- Added "Lock Cursor To Window" display option. This keeps the mouse pointer inside the window.  Alt-Tab must be used to switch applications.
 When enabled, the game renders its own cursor and the system cursor is hidden.

- Combined "Fullscreen" and "Borderless Window" options into a combobox with these three options:
   Fullscreen
   Borderless Windowed
   Windowed
 "Borderless Windowed" ignores the resolution set in the options. The window is resized to whatever the desktop resolution is set to.

- Hide the mouse cursor when the "iso aiming cursor" is visible.
- Added Display option "Show Mouse Cursor While Aiming".
- Force the mouse cursor to be visible whenever it is over any UIElement.
- Force the mouse cursor to be visible whenever the mouse-using player's context menu or radial menu is visible.

BALANCE

Increased the threshold at which you can't sprint because of clothing.
Reduced some RunSpeedModifier on some clothings.

FIXES

- Fixed being unable to turn off the alarm in the alarm clock from the UI
- Fixed VehicleEngineRPM.reset() NullPointerException.
- Fixed incorrect choosing of random mannequin outfits.
- Fixed (possibly) seams sometimes appearing between the masked parts of clothing textures.
- Fixed silent knife attacks that are in jaw-stab range when no jaw-stab occurs.
- Fixed being able to place furniture-curtains on top of sheet-curtains.
- Fixed garbage creation with calling UIElement Lua functions from Java.
- Fixed station wagon detail texture
- Fixed zed story issue by checking that all chunks covered by a zone story are loaded instead of only checking the north-west and south-east squares.
- Fixed null pointer with adding tent via stories.
- Fixed minor issue in the Display class.  It has no effect unless the game window resolution is higher than desktop resolution.
- Fixed sprint issue in tutorial

MOD SUPPORT

- Added OnWorldSound(x,y,z,radius,volume,source) event
- Added a check for an MP related change that broke the Supersurvivors mod.
- Added media/WorkshopTags.txt which contains all the allowed Steam Workshop tags for mods.

TECHNICAL

- Made triggerEvent() calls exit sooner when no functions are bound to the event being triggered.

- Fixed Linux ProjectZomboid64 failing to find the ProjectZomboid64.json file.

- Rebuilt Linux ProjectZomboid64 using up-to-date Steamworks API.
- Updated Windows Steamworks SDK to 1.51.
- Rebuilt Linux ZNet and RakNet libraries using Steamworks 1.51.
- Fixed translation IGUI_NeedToBeStandingInside appearing where IGUI_MustPlaceRoomRoof was needed.
- Added Linux docker.sh scripts.
- Fixed missing languages on MacOS.

- Added ISComboBox.setEditable() to allow filtering the choices in a combobox by typing.
 This is used in the vehicle editor and attachment editor to make them a bit easier to use.
- ISTextEntryBox.onPressDown() .onPressUp() and .onOtherKey() are passed the ISTextEntryBox object
 as the first argument.  Previously, .onPressDown() and .onPressUp() weren't passed any arguments,
 and .onOtherKey() was passed only the key that was pressed.  The change to .onOtherKey() is the only
 incompatible change.
- Added ISTextEntryBox.selectAll().

- Hopefully fixed fullscreen on MacOS

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Don't display the option to plumb a sink if there isn't a water source overhead.
- Allow plumbing a sink if the water source is directly overhead (as opposed to requiring a square adjacent to the square overhead).

- Reverted the change that checked for tainted water in rain collectors connected to plumbed sinks. We intend to improve on this system at a later date.

I'm not quite sure, but it seems like this is not working. I am trying to plumb a sink to a rain collector placed directly above it, but I am not getting the prompt at all.

Whole thing is in a player-built building (but water has not been cut yet), I have a Wrench on me and the barrel is exactly on top of the sink. Is there something I am missing?

• nasKo pinned this topic

So that patch broke my game it wont start at all only response from trying to start is steam trying to open it for few seconds and thats it

Though i can run 32 bit version, and I have 64 bit system.

Edited by Perteks

Just like @Perteks, my game will not launch. Steam will show me in game for about a second and then it will revert. No app ever shows up.

`console.txt` file and `Logs` folder do not show anything, since program isn't even launching. 

I thank the developers for their work.

Special thanks for returning the old curtain mechanics.
We are really looking forward to the sounds from Noiseworks.

If we talk about the scarce loot, then in my opinion, there is not enough wire. I do a lot of gas welding in the game. I have hundreds of metal pipes, metal sheets electrodes, propane and other things, and there is no stock of wire. It cannot be said that there is no wire at all, but it is much smaller than other parts for gas welding.
At the same time, I have already searched all the warehouses in Malraux and its surroundings. The only hope left was for the railway station.

Edited by vek

Mmm. Not sure but I felt that playing 41.52 Zombies had much better vision and aggro range. And it was foggy.. The Z see me before I do. I hoped it was going to show up in 41.53 patches. But no. If 1 Z see you the outher go after you. Like trying to walk away from the problem made me just bring the hole 

neighborhood with me. It felt really wrong.

I know 41.51 had a real problem with the Z, but 41.52 feel off compared to 41.50 still.

Have not had time to bring it up before now. :(

Edited by Turbo50

8 hours ago, vek said:

If we talk about the scarce loot, then in my opinion, there is not enough wire. I do a lot of gas welding in the game. I have hundreds of metal pipes, metal sheets electrodes, propane and other things, and there is no stock of wire. It cannot be said that there is no wire at all, but it is much smaller than other parts for gas welding.
At the same time, I have already searched all the warehouses in Malraux and its surroundings. The only hope left was for the railway station.

If its copper wire you need, you can dismantle radios and TVs. 

9 hours ago, vek said:

If its copper wire you need, you can dismantle radios and TVs. 

Not overly familiar with metalworking though, and I suspect its probably some other white your taking about...

Edited by Papa Juliet Whiskey

7 hours ago, Turbo50 said:

Mmm. Not sure but I felt that playing 41.52 Zombies had much better vision and aggro range. And it was foggy.. The Z see me before I do. I hoped it was going to show up in 41.53 patches. But no. If 1 Z see you the outher go after you. Like trying to walk away from the problem made me just bring the hole 

neighborhood with me. It felt really wrong.

I know 41.51 had a real problem with the Z, but 41.52 feel off compared to 41.50 still.

Have not had time to bring it up before now. :(

Yeah I was having this issue too, with zombie sight set to "poor" zombies are still able to see me up to 15 tiles away even when sneaking. I dont actually think theres anything wrong with the sight range, but there may be something causing it to be inconsistent, but it could be intended. Either way, its not terrible, its just changed the way I play.

One thing I am having major issues with is the performance this patch.  I know this game is a more CPU intensive, but I have an i7 9700k and a 3090 and I cant zoom out more than 75% due to the game turning into a slideshow. Driving has become difficult if not impossible due to the performance as well. 

Edited by LastRequest

On 7/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, LastRequest said:

Driving has become difficult if not impossible due to the performance as well. 

This..... 

Driving along with some but not a screen-full of zombies, started getting this very consistent pausing effect... Vehicle would roll a few feet, and game would freeze for 2-3 seconds... then continue for about a shorter amount of time 1.0 - 1.5 seconds... and continue freezing momentarily... Weird thing is, I got out of THAT car, and got into another one, and this behavior stopped...  Hopefully the changing vehicles aspect of the bug will help you track down the cause...

Hi

I've a performance bug, if you can call it that. 

After one of the latest updates, I suddenly get very low fps in game - around 10 fps. I'm just standing in a house looting, and then it suddenly starts. 

I tried to launch Windows Task Manager(CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) on my second monitor, and then I got my normal 80-ish fps again, and the CPU usage for the game was on 30%, but when I shifted focus back on the game on my main monitor, then the fps drops down again, and the CPU usage goes to 8%-ish.

Regarding GPU usage, it pretty much follows the CPU.

For me it seems like the game reacts as it's off focus, when it's in focus, and vice-versa when the game is off focus.

59 minutes ago, Logstor said:

Hi

I've a performance bug, if you can call it that. 

After one of the latest updates, I suddenly get very low fps in game - around 10 fps. I'm just standing in a house looting, and then it suddenly starts. 

I tried to launch Windows Task Manager(CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) on my second monitor, and then I got my normal 80-ish fps again, and the CPU usage for the game was on 30%, but when I shifted focus back on the game on my main monitor, then the fps drops down again, and the CPU usage goes to 8%-ish.

Regarding GPU usage, it pretty much follows the CPU.

For me it seems like the game reacts as it's off focus, when it's in focus, and vice-versa when the game is off focus.

Is this with "Fullscreen",  "Borderless Windowed" or "Windowed" mode?  And is vsync on or off?
Can you check if changing between Fullscreen and Borderless Windows affects this if that's what you were using?

I placed industrial sink on top of a counter, placed a round water collector barrel thingy directly above the sink.

I didn't get an option to plumb them together.

• Tried right clicking both of them,
  • Tried placing barrel on top of crafted floor tile,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above and one tile behind the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above and one tile to the side of the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above, one tile behind and one tile to the side the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel first and sink second, and vice versa.

Nothing gives me the option to plumb. 

Edited by Forien

8 hours ago, Demonbabe said:

Hi there, I tried to plumb a sink just a counter over from where it was and the water isn't shut off yet but it didn't give me the option.

Is this intentional that I can't plumb stuff when the water is still up?

Thanks!

Yes, this is intended behaviour.

6 hours ago, Forien said:

I placed industrial sink on top of a counter, placed a round water collector barrel thingy directly above the sink.

I didn't get an option to plumb them together.

• Tried right clicking both of them,
  • Tried placing barrel on top of crafted floor tile,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above and one tile behind the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above and one tile to the side of the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel one tile above, one tile behind and one tile to the side the sink,
  • Tried placing barrel first and sink second, and vice versa.

Nothing gives me the option to plumb. 

Is the water still "on" in your game? 

15 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Is the water still "on" in your game? 

Does it need to be off? I'm in the building that doesn't have it's own sinks, and sink just doesn't work. I guess water is not off yet. Is that the reason?

1 minute ago, Forien said:

Does it need to be off? I'm in the building that doesn't have it's own sinks, and sink just doesn't work. I guess water is not off yet. Is that the reason?

Most likely. How long have you survived for? In a vanilla game water shuts off in 0-30 days, or you can just see if any nearby buildings have water in them. Aslo, the barrel needs to have some water in it to get the option (this is after water sut off, obv)

Just now, Pandorea said:

Most likely. How long have you survived for? In a vanilla game water shuts off in 0-30 days, or you can just see if any nearby buildings have water in them. Aslo, the barrel needs to have some water in it to get the option (this is after water sut off, obv)

It's been around 20 days, so it's possible water still might be on, will check on later when I'm playing. Thanks for answer.

But I think it would be quality of life improvement if it was possible to plumb sink to the barrel regardless of water getting shut off. 

Anyway, if I get to the point where water is 100% off, and still have the issue, I will let you know

8 hours ago, Forien said:

It's been around 20 days, so it's possible water still might be on, will check on later when I'm playing. Thanks for answer.

But I think it would be quality of life improvement if it was possible to plumb sink to the barrel regardless of water getting shut off. 

Anyway, if I get to the point where water is 100% off, and still have the issue, I will let you know

You should be able to plumb the sink once there is water in the barrel.

9 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

You should be able to plumb the sink once there is water in the barrel.

Can it be water I filled it with? Or does it only work with rainwater?

I've been trying to do the same thing, with a barrel, but does not work to me either.

EDIT: OK, I tested that. It still doesn't work.

20210803225801_1.thumb.jpg.2d71d4cba0d1ccb8c3d747714ed7e803.jpg20210803225822_1.thumb.jpg.7d5a1fe6177f2efa2925def5092645fb.jpg

You can see that the barrel has water, but the option still doesn't show up on it. Do I need something other than a wrench?

Edited by Blake81

• nasKo unpinned this topic