QOL for Cursors and Radial Menus

Kappatao

Since we're getting a whole load more cursors (e.g. with farming) and radial menus (e.g. the emote radial menu), there's some QOL that I think would greatly benefit them.

Firstly cursors.

It would be nice if there was a keybind for cancelling (or turning off) a cursor. I know esc cancels the cursor, but it also cancels any action you're doing, and any time warping. I instinctively right click to cancel them, which kinda, as opening the right click menu turns the cursor off, but I think it could be streamlined a bit more, e.g. right click cancels a cursor if you have one selected, but doesn't open the right click menu, until you click again. Maybe even have it as a bindable key, incase you prefer e.g. using mouse thumb buttons for that kind of thing.

Secondly, it would be nice if you could queue up cursor actions. It's done a wonder for getting rid of the tedium of farming etc., but I feel the next step could be to let you for example queue up a whole load of watering actions, and speed through them with time warping, instead of going one by one. It might be a bit contentious though, because that would essentially open the door for the game playing itself for you idk.

Now radial menus are great.

I would suggest however, a similar thing to my first suggestion on cursors. I instictively right click to go back a layer/close a radial menu, and it's sometimes jarring to have to use esc, which requires taking my hand somewhat off the movement keys, which can be quite deadly. I think it would also greatly improve the emote menu, which has submenus, if you could just right click (or an equivalent key bind) to go up a layer, instead of having to rotate to the "go back" segment, which can be in a different location in each menu, depending on the amount of segments.

Speaking of the emote menu, it can get quite cumbersome when there's a lot of segments, as they get quite small, and muscle memory can't take over.

Warframe, a game that uses radial menus for gear/items during gameplay (and also emotes) solves this with an infinite gear wheel, that you can rotate through to go to multiple layers (Example), which actually works quite well. Now i'm not necessarily suggesting going for a system exactly like this, but I think some ideas from this system could potentially improve the radial menus when you have a lot on them (I'm especially thinking of how tiny segments get on the old controller weapon select menu, which I imagine is getting replaced at some point).

As a side note, I think replacing the carpentry menu with a radial menu could work great. Any modders out there who would be willing to give it a try?