Your Closest Call?

GodWaffle

Hey guys, just wondering what your closest call on Project Zomboid has been, as in the closest you've come to nearly being killed and managing to survive?

Mine would be in my current save when I first made it into West Point's town area, however I was being chased by a horde (I say horde, but it was more like 20-30 zombies), and so I ran into one of the buildings in the town, all the zombies starting breaking the windows so I ran to what I thought was a back room (one with a window to get out), but it was a damn closet, and I ran straight in there without thinking and what a surprise, there were 3 zombies in there.  Had a massive struggle with these three, got scratched twice in the process but managed to dispatch them.  However the windows had broke so I ran out of the closet and towards the nearest window and managed to leap through it before all the zombies that were pouring into the building got me.  I was out in an alleyway, the remainder of the horde at one end and at the other was 3 more zeds.

I chose the three zeds, managed to dispatch them and ran for my life, stopped to bandage myself and then settled down in the Food Market's apartment.  I got sick, feverish, but I survived.  Very very close call.  I did however kill the rest of the zombies later on from that horde.  And to this day I'm still living in that apartment.

So what about you guys? What are the closest calls you've had?

fever after wounded = INFECTED and 100% dead

Well clearly not, since I got sick, had the fever and then it broke and I was fine, as far as I know you will always get fever if you're sick, no matter the cause.  And my character is 100% not infected nor dead, he's still alive on  day 28.

I climbed through a window and was jumped by two, as I moved back away from them toward the front door three more jumped me. I fought my way through (did not kill even one) but was scratched three times and bitten once. Pain was agony but I did not die.

I have been scratched and survived with other characters but I have never been bitten and survived. As someone said, bites are 96% likely to infect. It was my lucky day.

I climbed through a window and was jumped by two, as I moved back away from them toward the front door three more jumped me. I fought my way through (did not kill even one) but was scratched three times and bitten once. Pain was agony but I did not die.

I have been scratched and survived with other characters but I have never been bitten and survived. As someone said, bites are 96% likely to infect. It was my lucky day.

Ah you survived a bite? That's awesome and very lucky if you did haha.

I don't agree that the percentage of surviving a bite would be 4% since there are a lot of people claiming to have survived a bite. The 96%, 25% are just guesswork based on numbers that used to be in the pre 2.9 versions...

You might be correct as I don't know where those numbers came from. However, I mentioned the one time I did not get infected. There is no point in posting about the several times I did get infected and died. Surviving a bite is newsworthy, dying of infection is not.

The other day I was looting a house in West Point's western residential area, one of the 2 story houses north of the high school, and all was quiet and pretty secluded when I went in. So I'm looting, work my way upstairs and everything is still cool, and I hear a window break outside. I'm assuming it was a zombie breaking a window at one of the houses next door because I hadn't heard the pounding leading up to it. So I start hearing zombies coming in outside, and figure okay I'll just loot the last bedroom and get out of here. I open the door, catch an immediate crawler lunge from the other side, get bit, shut the door immediately, apply a bandage, start sprinting out of frustration, run out the front door into a fairly large group that had been drawn in by the window breaking next door, and end up taking another scratch in the process of getting away. And I survived. Still using the same character. It's at least a week or so later in game now. Resilient trait is so worth taking.

I've currently got a hyperchondric toon, she got scratched after meeting a lurker in a cupboard, she goes through fevers like every day now, which have to be treated with food and sleep to stop her dying. Shes still alive but still has that scratch due to the lowered healing delivered by the sick family of moodles. She's 7 in game months in now and has had this fevers for like 5 of them,

No, you can still fight it be maintaining high hunger levels and lots of sleep, also my closest call was when I was breaking down doors for planks and I was encumbered then the alarm goes off, I'm trapped by 3 Zelda they are so close I can't hit them, luckily I escaped with a scratch

I personally have never survived a bite (then again I don't usually wait to find out, I usually go out in a blaze of glory (and teeth and nails))

I have survived keep yourself in well fed moodle and sleep a ton

Okay, this was half and half a close call, you'll see why: I was in WP for the 4th time. I had a good start so I went to the city.That when the shit hit the fan. I was being followed by an ungodly amount of zombies( around 70-90, but who counts for sure?) and had nowhere to go. I found a fire escape, went up it and into the first floor of an office building. I quickly looted the vending machines and went to the 2nd floor and found 2 zombies. So I snuck around them and into a large deck. The hoard-like group had lost me, and I was momentarily safe. But then there came pounding from the doors. Now this is why I said the story was half and half. I decided to test the sheet rope thing. I had never made one, and thought it would be cooler(and safer) to use IT to get down. I went to the ledge of the deck, and I didn't know that you had to be at window to use it. It wouldn't let me use the rope so I began button-mashing my keyboard. Maybe it's the action key, "E". That was my mistake, because as soon as I hit that button, he was vaulting over the ledge, preparing for immanent death... 

After recently purchasing the game and dying after 24 hours at least 3 times on about my fourth go i managed to be more clever and sneaky and had been holled up for about a week, after scavenging in the trailer park i found some pistols and ammo and thought oh cool im invincible. NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO WRONG.

After i shot one zombie in the face on the big main road near my house a veritable horde of 30 zombies decided to make a bee line for me, i pegged it back to my safe house, second mistake. all the zombies started breaking and after dropping about 10 with my pistol and bashing down 3 with my golf club i decided to hide in the bathroom after a good deal of waiting and snacking off of crisps th zombies just sort of lost interested, they hadnt even been trying the break down the door, when there were only 3 out there i burst out and finished them off.

Close, i will never ever shoot my pistol unless i need to again.

Best go down in a blaze of glory, or drown you're sorrows in bleach, friend....

The only thing is, this was on sandbox and I set it to no transmission and infection mortality=0 so I could be all like I AM INVINCIBLE and kill a ton of zombies without worrying, but then i got a zombified fever and I was like wut

So how was I infected? TWILIGHT ZONE MUSIC

My closest call thus far must have been surviving at severe injuries, a lot of agony, eventually catching a fever... eating pills like there's no tomorrow (and considering the combination and the amount of painkillers, beta-blockers, sleeping pills and whisky - there shouldn't have been a tomorrow), munching through almost all of my fresh food, sleeping and reading books, I found myself without a fever and perfectly well a couple of days later. Then again... I died a week after that though, in a vain attempt to ransack a house with the alarm wailing before the horde showed up.