Error Loading game - WorldDictionary Cannot override existing registry id

Lord_Bolt

I am getting an error loading new saves in 41.52 with characters started in 41.52.

I have a few mods running, these are mostly QoL mods.   no map mods,  none that change the item distribution AFAIK.

This has happened to 2 of my characters started in 41.52 which is rather unfortunate.

I have attached the console.txt.  Happy to upload a save file and mod list if that helps too.

console.txt

I tried a new character with same mods and saving a loading every 5 minutes and it did not happen for about 5 goes.    Not sure what event or area of the map is triggering it.

The error is most unhelpful in diagnosing what element in the save is corrupted.

Ill see if I can reproduce it.

removed true actions mod as a test

game is updated to 41.53

issue occurred again after 1 game day in Muldraugh.

I noticed that the mod Taped TV Shows has updated its loot distribution as well. 

I think it would be best to treat this bug as:

issue:

'unable to identify whats wrong with broken save' 

resolution

'improve logging details of error'

i started to enable mods and replicate the issue:

it seems as though the improved build menu mod was updated,  and added a new dependency of 'Item Tweaker API'   

i loaded the dependency and activated all mods. I played a character and could not replicate it

So it seems that:

1. this is mod related.

2. Most likely an updated to "Improved build menu" mod broke the game, as it added a new dependency that was not being detected  at game start?

3. The game failed to report the dependency issue when the mod was updated.  (it only appeared after I disabled the mod, exited the game, and when back to the screen).

4. The error in the save file was not clear to assist in the diagnosis - better error message would help.

Given how critical reliable saves are in a game that is about 'commitment' to your character,  please investigate.