Update Info. Regarding Vehicles Stalling 41.51

fcolley3

I posted a bug report a couple of days ago and I've been trying to figure out myself what the problem could be, if it's not a bug. As a reminder:

Vehicles that are in good condition stalling

Removed all Mods and starting a new game after update

Have not been able to drive more than 1/4 block before stalling so, not hitting zeds or trees

Not using Sunday Driver trait

Today I went back in to try again. Using vehicle with 95% condition, 54% quality and 88% quality on the battery (I've driven much worse vehicles). Again the vehicle stalls but....I started driving it backwards and, I was able to drive 2-3 blocks before I shut it down myself. It did not stall. However, when driving forward, it stalls again. This is the first time I've been able to make it out of the school parking lot, by driving backwards 

I'm playing SP with the new update. I wanted to offer the new information regarding the backwards driving. 

I know the devs have quite a few bugs to work on after this update (been seeing the posts), but I hope this is considered a high enough priority to look at it in the next couple of days. I miss not playing this game every day. 

I'm looking forward to checking out all the work the devs have put into this new update. So far, I haven't been able to experience anything as I have quite the game every time the car stalls.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, fcolley3 said:

I posted a bug report a couple of days ago and I've been trying to figure out myself what the problem could be, if it's not a bug. As a reminder:

Vehicles that are in good condition stalling

Removed all Mods and starting a new game after update

Have not been able to drive more than 1/4 block before stalling so, not hitting zeds or trees

Not using Sunday Driver trait

Today I went back in to try again. Using vehicle with 95% condition, 54% quality and 88% quality on the battery (I've driven much worse vehicles). Again the vehicle stalls but....I started driving it backwards and, I was able to drive 2-3 blocks before I shut it down myself. It did not stall. However, when driving forward, it stalls again. This is the first time I've been able to make it out of the school parking lot, by driving backwards 

I'm playing SP with the new update. I wanted to offer the new information regarding the backwards driving. 

I know the devs have quite a few bugs to work on after this update (been seeing the posts), but I hope this is considered a high enough priority to look at it in the next couple of days. I miss not playing this game every day. 

I'm looking forward to checking out all the work the devs have put into this new update. So far, I haven't been able to experience anything as I have quite the game every time the car stalls.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

I have finally found the problem with my vehicles stalling in all the new updates. When 41.51 came out, I changed the key binding for vehicles to start with the "W" key instead of the new default "N" key. That's the way I have always played it and I wanted it to be familiar. Thus the stalling vehicles started. Couldn't even get out of the school parking lot. Updates 41.52 and 41.53 came out and I've been checking to see if my situation has changed. Nada. Then it occurred to me that the only thing different was my changing the key binding under vehicles. I changed it back to "N" for starting the vehicle and running forward still in "W" and WahLa! No more stalling. If anyone has been having a problem with various movements, and you changed your key bindings for a more familiar gameplay, this could be a remedy for you.

I'd also like to say that I'm amazed at how quickly we've gotten these last updates and all the new features that have come with them. I must admit that I was feeling a little left out with all the work that was being put in to MP for the last few months (but sucked it up and remained patient). I guess the devs were continuing to work on SP in the background all this time. Anyways...thank you very much for being the most dedicated and consciencest game developers out there.  PZ will always be my top number 1 game and partly because of the dedication and hard work that goes into it.