PZ Update Problem / DISK WRITE ERROR 156KB of 156KB

RedIce

Question

Hey, i wanted to start playing PZ again since i wasnt able to in recent weeks. I saw an update and as always, i just thought it would update the game as usual. Welp... as you can see it didnt work image.png.c5433fbb2f7f272d63b491b9183f8034.png every time i try to "resume" the installation it goes from validating to 156KB of 156KB in like 3 seconds. When i look in steam downloads it starts of by downloading it like usual but then quickly stops. It says downloading paused, DISK WRITE ERROR. image.png.60662628ae9bb949a95c498c1964e967.png Never happened with any other game, ive tried multiple "fixes" from their website but nothing helps... I just hope there is someone smarter than me here that could help me fix my problem.

10 answers to this question

Avast seems to specifically dislike PZ for some reason, even blocking multiplayer connection (don't know why), you could try to uninstall it in the worst case. I havent figured out how to stop it being mean to PZ properly yet.

25 minutes ago, Beard said:

Could  you tell us what kind of antivirus you have? And did you check if the antivirus has any files in quarantine that can be restored?
Lastly, have you tried fully reinstalling the game as well?

Yes, i use Avast Antivirus and I checked the quarantined files but it doesnt seem like there are any. I have tried to reinstall the game just now but it still says "DISK WRITE ERROR" 

1 minute ago, RingoD123 said:

Any time this happens to me I just have to restart my PC and it starts working again fine.

I have tried that yesterday but it still doesnt work, I can try again tho.

8 minutes ago, Beard said:

Avast seems to specifically dislike PZ for some reason, even blocking multiplayer connection (don't know why), you could try to uninstall it in the worst case. I havent figured out how to stop it being mean to PZ properly yet.

Thank you guys so much for the responses, and for actually caring about the community. Also thank you for replying so fast, we (the community) really appreciate you guys.

UPDATE : After 3 days of not working and after like 7 restarts it magically just  started working ? :D ... yeah im not sure  either, so i guess if you have this problem just restart your PC as many times as you can  and there is a chance it will work after the  restart (thats my guess)

Which "fixes" did you try?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/5717866822629155956/

As from this post, this is most likely caused by an antivirus blocking the download of the project Zomboid exe. You will need to add an exception to Steam and Project Zomboid to your antivirus and / or even temporarily disable it when downloading the game to make sure it does interrupt the download.

27 minutes ago, Beard said:

Which "fixes" did you try?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/5717866822629155956/

As from this post, this is most likely caused by an antivirus blocking the download of the project Zomboid exe. You will need to add an exception to Steam and Project Zomboid to your antivirus and / or even temporarily disable it when downloading the game to make sure it does interrupt the download.

I have tried almost every "Basic Steam Troubleshooting" on https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2274-IFLV-5334 . Also ive now tried to disable my antivirus and also added an PZ exception as well as a Steam one but nothing worked even after I restarted steam. 

Archived