Too much loot. (Maybe a bug?) [41.51]

PoshRocketeer

Not sure if this is a bug, a side-effect of the new distribution system, or an intentional change, but currently as the default level you get way too much loot. Dozens of medical items in my inventory after looting only a few houses, this is consistent along not just one particularly lucky save, but several saves. I'm completely drowning in useful items, moreso than I ever have in this game outside of heavily modded saves with loot ramped up. It's almost annoying that there's so much good stuff laying around that I can't carry without risk of injuring my character. 

Again, it's hard to tell if something like this is intentional or not, as the patch notes didn't mention intentionally ramping up loot spawns, but it could have just been something that they didn't think needed to be specified.  If it's intentional, take this as more of a feedback thing. For now I'm going to be playing with item scarcity turned up to max in sandbox.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

• PoshRocketeer changed the title to Too much loot. (Maybe a bug?) [41.51]
4 hours ago, Uattorio said:

I think this is normal, in the old builds there was too less loot and this was not realistic, i've never seen a supermarket whit 2 cans per shelves

Gameplay>Realism, the fact that people still need to be reminded of this makes me sad.

13 hours ago, Uattorio said:

Realism is the basis of every role-playing game, THIS is an obviousness that should not be remembered.

No, no it's not. Imagine if Fallout was realistic, it'd be terrible.

This is also a survival game first, role-play is secondary and strictly optional.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

... in the old builds there was too less loot and this was not realistic, i've never seen a supermarket whit 2 cans per shelves

It could be quite realistic. It's reasonable to think that a store/home/etc. could have been largely cleaned out by looters, evacuees, scavengers. By the time you get to it, there may not be much left on the shelves.

Right, but the devs are moving forward by setting the world for MP, so the bigger loot makes sense since they will actually be there other players in the world , and then they will insert the npc as well. Furthermore, if certain shops had already be burgled they would have broken or forced doors and windows.

Edited by Uattorio

8 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

No, no it's not. Imagine if Fallout was realistic, it'd be terrible.

This is also a survival game first, role-play is secondary and strictly optional.

So it's just a coincidence if that the most realistic Fallout  (NV) is also the most beautifull.

In part they are points of views but also Fallout 4 has not much passionate the lovers of the saga until the devs have not inserted the survival mode that exponentially increases the realism, they were practically forced to add it.

Anyway it looks clear that PZ is davelopping in direction of extreme realism, and this is what the most of players wants from a role-playing: a different world full of strange things but where they can empatize via realism... imagine D&D without realism, i dont think it would be worked the same way.

Edited by Uattorio

3 hours ago, Uattorio said:

So it's just a coincidence if that the most realistic Fallout  (NV) is also the most beautifull.

In part they are points of views but also Fallout 4 has not much passionate the lovers of the saga until the devs have not inserted the survival mode that exponentially increases the realism, they were practically forced to add it.

What about NV is realistic? The answer is literally nothing.

7 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

Che dire di NV è realistico? La risposta è letteralmente niente.

NV is the MOST realistic, try to read next time.

Hard mode in new vegas is the most realistic fallout: aiming and recoil very similar to real life, also the system of needs and the immense possibility of crafting, if i remember also fast moving was disabled, doesn't it seem more realistic than fallout 3 for example?

Edited by Uattorio