Using un-smashed bottles as weapons.

PoshRocketeer

Currently, glass bottles can only be used as a weapon when they've already been broken, which limits their usefulness as they're incredibly weak, even for glass (in terms of durability.), and don't do much damage. I don't think it's even possible to kill a full health zombie with a bottle even when factoring in crits.

While I don't necessarily think you should be able to use bottles as effectively as just about anything else, I do think they could be fixed up a little, given a little makeover.

Notable changes:

-Glass bottles can be used as weapons, even when unbroken and full.

-Unbroken glass bottles would fall under "Short blunt" (as broken bottles fall under Short blade)

-Full bottles would deal more damage, as they're significantly heavier than an empty bottle.

-Empty bottles make a cool sound :)

(If you've ever hit something with a glass bottle, you know exactly what it sounds like.)

-It takes a few hits to break, as glass bottles are actually quite strong, BUT:

-When an unbroken bottle's durability is drained to zero, it becomes a smashed bottle, and isn't unequipped from the player's hand, (re-equipped instantly if technical limitations apply.) Glass is visually embedded in the target's face similarly to the new anim for zombies falling on glass.

Optional additions to this concept include:

-Maybe if the bottle contains alcohol, the zombie is "stunned" for a second and cry out in pain  (or growl?) as alcohol is splashed on the wounds created by the glass shards. As far as I'm aware from a lore and gameplay perspective, zombies already feel pain as evidenced by their reactions to being harmed, even when stabbed which would have very little "stopping power" so to speak.

-Liquid shows on the zombie above the chest.

-The ability to put bleach in the bottles and accomplish something similar would be pretty cool, maybe even blinding the individual zombie forcing them to rely on their other senses.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

• 2 weeks later...