Autumn-esque zombies

Footmuffin

I remember from the old forum that a user named Eairle suggested a sandbox thing that emulated the lore of "Autumn." They haven't come back since, and I'm reviving it since I thought it was neat and wanted to continue any discussion on the topic.

A disease kills a tremendous number of the population, and a portion of those who died revived after a while and started walking about. They begin fairly senseless and slow, but become progressively faster and more intelligent as their bodies begin to crumble.

Lots of still corpses everywhere, and practically no danger in the first week of play, but quickly gets more and more dangerous as they get more sensitive and cognitive with time.

A disease kills a tremendous number of the population, and a portion of those who died revived after a while and started walking about. They begin fairly senseless and slow, but become progressively faster and more intelligent as their bodies begin to crumble.

How on earth does that work?

For the most part I don't quite grasp the idea anyway. Why would Autumn cause the zombies to change?

Although, it really wouldn't be hard at all to slowly change zombie values. You can already do this in reverse (have them degrade over time) so likely an option to have them grow over time would be a few minutes' work. I wouldn't mind seeing this at some point.

I remember from the old forum that a user named Eairle suggested a sandbox thing that emulated the lore of "Autumn." They haven't come back since, and I'm reviving it since I thought it was neat and wanted to continue any discussion on the topic.

Lots of still corpses everywhere, and practically no danger in the first week of play, but quickly gets more and more dangerous as they get more sensitive and cognitive with time.

I don't personally see how this would make a lick of sense, but as a mod or sandbox feature go for it. Would love the increasing risks.