41.51 Bug - Can't remove curtains

hagglunds

Trying out the 41.51 update and I am no longer able to remove curtains from any windows. I can add sheets to make curtains but can't remove them once they are in place. Opening and closing curtains works. No mods installed and started 3 characters - all had the same issue of curtains being non removable.

25 minutes ago, hagglunds said:

Trying out the 41.51 update and I am no longer able to remove curtains from any windows. I can add sheets to make curtains but can't remove them once they are in place. Opening and closing curtains works. No mods installed and started 3 characters - all had the same issue of curtains being non removable.

This is an intentional change. You need to use the furniture tool instead now so you'll actually get the physical curtain item rather than a sheet, which you can then rip to sheets, as far as I'm still aware.

Ninja'd by nasKo, as per usual. :D

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I still cannot pick it up, I use the "pick up" mode but I cannot seem to aim at it correctly? I only get the floor option and I tried to cycle through the items with R.

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I still cannot pick it up, I use the "pick up" mode but I cannot seem to aim at it correctly? I only get the floor option and I tried to cycle through the items with R.

Alright so I can pick up a curtain, but I cannot seem to pick a sheet that I've put on a window.

Cedric is right - you can pick up curtain, but you cant pick up the sheet back, that you've put on your window. Its like the game doesnt see it, when using pick up mode.
Also ive noticed that it isnt possible to place curtains on the door - and it happens with both long and short curtains. You can only place sheets on doors - but then its the same like with windows, you cant pick your sheets back.
Hope it could be fixed, thanks! Besides of that - great work with the update!

Its great that you can pick up actual curtains now, but yeah, doing so via right click would be a lot more convenient. It also appears that you cannot remove sheet curtains now, via the furniture pickup or the right click menu. I was able to place a normal curtain and a sheet curtain in the same tile though, so there's that.

Edited by Xing1870
added another bug

On 7/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, Cedric said:

Alright so I can pick up a curtain, but I cannot seem to pick a sheet that I've put on a window.

I'm experiencing the same. At the moment if you place a sheet on a window or windowed door, you can't reclaim it with the move tool like you could a curtain, and with the removal of the right click "remove curtain" option there isn't a way to get a sheet back.

Edited by Sedgwick

I'm having the exact same issue. Can use "pick up" to move curtains the way I always have, and can right click windows/doors to apply sheets, but cannot recover sheets in any way. "Pick up" function does not let me reclaim sheets, and the right click option is gone. All I can seem to do to get a sheet off of a window is rip it into bandages. Since sheets are the only way to cover doors and they aren't exactly super abundant (idk why we can't pull them off beds but anyway), this is a massive change to gameplay balance. I'm finding myself dismantling doors and building new ones without windows because I can't find a BED SHEET. It's a little bit immersion breaking. 

Edited by NihilisticThrill
Said "curtain" when I meant "sheet".

On 7/24/2021 at 11:12 PM, NihilisticThrill said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Can use "pick up" to move curtains the way I always have, and can right click windows/doors to apply sheets, but cannot recover sheets in any way. "Pick up" function does not let me reclaim sheets, and the right click option is gone. All I can seem to do to get a sheet off of a window is rip it into bandages. Since sheets are the only way to cover doors and they aren't exactly super abundant (idk why we can't pull them off beds but anyway), this is a massive change to gameplay balance. I'm finding myself dismantling doors and building new ones without windows because I can't find a BED SHEET. It's a little bit immersion breaking. 

I am having to do the same thing. I believe they have a bug where the action is not recovering the item and giving scraps instead of the curtains. Likely a simple objectid reference bug on recovery if I had to guess.

A real PITA though to build doors without windows since curtain harvesting doesn't give you anything besides scraps, and a marginal amount of frustration.

the curtain is bad, you have to use R when there is glass on the floor, it's a utterly wasting my time for no reason ? whats the purpose of having changed that to that ''new'' mechanic ? 
and i am now unable to place curtain to some specific location like i used to do, on door for example

i wish we could throw clothes at zeds, that would be hillarious they get blinded by dirty rags hahah

i pray they put it back the way it was 

Edited by HP LOVESHAFT