Build 41 beta game crashes when character stands next to car

Gold

I have recently started playing Project Zomboid on my old PC.
Everything ran smoothly and I decided to try out the beta version. I had no problems until the first car appeared and my game froze.
When I restarted right next to said car my game didn't freeze immediately and I managed to run into the opposite direction for a few seconds.
The ground became completely black and only the car and the trees were still visible. Then it crashed again.
I played around with the graphic settings, tried the 32bit version and didn't use any mods but the problem persisted. Whenever a car appears my game becomes unplayable.
Is this a known bug with a workaround? Or is my system simply incapable to run the beta?

What are your system specifications? To check if it can run the beta.
And can you share your game logs as well? Go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and attach the "logs.zip" file found there to your message.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.68 GB)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphic Card: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500

Edited by Gold

Seems like you are getting a ton of texture errors. Can you try making sure that you are on the latest beta version by checking your beta tab? Additionally I would recommend you verify the game files as well.

image.png

So I uninstalled the game per steam and also erased the zomboid folder beforehand, reinstalled it and started a new game but the issue persists. As soon as my character spawns the first error messages appear (the small red field appears) just like before. When I come across a car (it doesn't matter which one) the game freezes. :(

I tried the 41.50 and 41 versions and they were both downloaded successfully.
But now my character has a black square underneath his feet as well...

Edited by Gold

Thanks, I checked the logs and then checked if there are any other people with similar issues like you. It does seem like your graphics card isn't capable of handling the beta version. As far as I know the Intel HD 3000 CAN run the game just barely, you have the HD 2500 and it seems like no user managed to run the game without it crashing after a while, since it cannot handle 3D models at all (or only for a very short period). So unfortunately I can say that its unlikely the beta version will run on those specifications. Any older versions of the game should run just fine though.