IWBUMS 41.51 released!

Batsphinx

13 hours ago, jiggawutt said:

Can you guys PLEASE settle on a loot distribution system? From a mod maker's perspective, it is exhausting and confusing to keep up with changes to how loot works in this game and getting our items to spawn. Thanks

Started looking at vanilla distro files today, and seems like half Procedural, half not... strange... I went ahead and converted all our distro to Proc assuming that is what is going to happen eventually... It also lets me do some things that weren't possible before anyways...  Subscribers *shouldn't* be jumping all over your back, as it was pretty plainly stated that loot mods would break... So just tell em to hang tight for awhile...

Fortunately weapon mods are not so affected at the moment... But I think Procedural is coming for us too.... Can someone at TIS confirm if it will be 100% Procedural ?

We'll probably end up releasing (2) versions... non-Proc being the compat version with other mods.... Full Procedural version separately with some new bells and whistles...

• nasKo unpinned this topic

I was using switch controller in order to play spilt screen coop with my friend previously in 41.50 build, and we were having no issue with it despite the highly inconvenience key binding, but since the new update, the game does not recognise the controller anymore and we can't play coop anymore, me and my friend were very upset about that, I try to figure out why but cant find any setting in the controller menu, anyone knows how to solve this?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems since this update that most car mods are broken, most cars do not have seats anymore and so can't be entered.

I think due to this: 

- Fixed seat naming weirdness by removing  "BigCarSeat" and "SportCarSeat" items, and renamng "NormalCarSeat" items to just "Seat".
- Fixed the random vehicle generator which was causing "Standard Seat" to be selected every time.

I think Indie needs to make it easier to mods to be tested and easier to show which mods are no longer compatible with a release.

The loot system, the loot tables, and other things keep getting changed and lots of mods are poorly written and break things, and break other mods. A lot of mods aren't well maintained.

As a player it is not easy to tell which mods will work and which won't and which combination of mods will break each other.

It would be good to have automated testing that runs mods in a new build, and works out if things like the car it adds will never have seats and is no longer functional.

Or that a mod that adds some item is now using a table that doesn't exist and so will never be found in the game anymore.

The mods add lots of content, and lots of fun for players, but it's not easy for the authors to maintain them and not easy for the players to have success playing with them. They constantly break, and not always immediately discoverable, needing to abandon a save and start again if you want the mod, but turning off a different mod that breaks the mod you care about the most.

I find myself spending more and more time troubleshooting programming problems rather than enjoying play the game.

A mod should be able to easily add unit-tests and/or end-to-end tests, and popular mods should be automatically tested, and flagged as broken in a build. Mod developers should be able to see their mods have been broken by some change in a new update.

Edited by notorius-B.D.A.W.G

• 9 months later...

PLS get this version back on betas! Is the only one I can play, my PC can't handle any version after MP. This one was perfect and now is gone? and Pre-cars still avaliable? I hope is just temporary, pls think on the poors with less than 4GB RAMs hahaha.
I was building a super bridge, can't wait to share it.
Fantastic work, btw. This is my favorite game EVER,