Plumbing issue - shack is "outdoors"...!?

gayonne

Hi all - need your help here (this was posted in another community but there is no satisfactory response yet). What am I doing wrong here?

Pic 1 - that’s my safehouse in Raven Creek, and I just built a small shack next to the “glasshouse” at the back to get ready for plumbing.

Pic 2 - while I’m inside the glasshouse (indeed the rest of the indoors area), the temperature is 22*C.

Pic 3 - while I’m outdoors the temperature is around 12.9*C.

Pic 4 - while inside the shack the temperature is the same as outdoors (12.9*C), suggesting that the shack is considered “outdoors”.

Problem is, I couldn’t get plumbing to work as after I’ve built barrels on top of the shack (not shown here), there was no option to “plumb” the sink or washing machine to the barrels. I’m very sure I placed the barrels at the right place since my other safehouse with the same setup had no issues with it. I read somewhere that you can only plumb sinks etc. if they’re placed “indoors”, and now obviously the shack is now considered “outdoors”. So, how could I fix this??

1049003340_IMG_1110small.thumb.jpg.5fc7b27c42b61d688a3741379529e8dd.jpg1296726905_IMG_1107small.thumb.jpg.c606f6b71156f7c1e0a2ffbff1fa35ea.jpg1665450642_IMG_1108small.thumb.jpg.7c8b20f3f394d8cfac2c5d4f3573a88a.jpg998427676_IMG_1109small.thumb.jpg.0612e125f182e78424ce8e52277184d9.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

If the barrels are on top of the shack, Washing Machine / etc are on the other side of the wall I take it? (behind BBQ and Generator, if that makes sense) Are these aligned to be 1 tile behind - or in front? - of the barrels?

Do the barrels have any water in them? Did you move the Washing Machine and Dishwasher? In this version you need to move items befoere they can be plumbed, iirc. Same with any Sink.

Finally, do you have a Wrench in your main inventory? (covering all grounds :) )

5 hours ago, Pandorea said:

If the barrels are on top of the shack, Washing Machine / etc are on the other side of the wall I take it? (behind BBQ and Generator, if that makes sense) Are these aligned to be 1 tile behind - or in front? - of the barrels?

Do the barrels have any water in them? Did you move the Washing Machine and Dishwasher? In this version you need to move items befoere they can be plumbed, iirc. Same with any Sink.

Finally, do you have a Wrench in your main inventory? (covering all grounds :) )

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I moved the stuff around, so the washing machine and sink are placed where the generator and BBQ used to be. The barrels are on top, both are one square to the right of their relative appliances below. I read from a Reddit post that the barrels don't have to be behind or in front, but just one square adjacent on top (so it could be left or right or front or back, just NOT directly on top), but please let me know if you have a different experience.  

Yes I poured a bucket of tainted water into each barrel, so around 5 units each. If it's properly plumbed, it would show that there won't be enough water to wash all the clothes on my body. And yes I installed the barrels first before I moved the sink and washing machine into place. Still, I could not plumb the two appliances to the barrels above.

And yes I have a wrench in my main inventory. 

The problem I have is that the game is now treating the shack as "outdoors" even though I have completely covered it from corner to corner, and according to the game rules I cannot plumb an appliance sitting "outdoors" to any water source on top. If it's indoors I won't have a problem - for instance I was able to successfully plumb the two appliances inside the glasshouse at where the two yellow chairs were placed, even if I didn't have the water barrels on top! 

Edited by gayonne

7 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Hmmm... can you build Floors inside of the shack and ensure that you have put Wooden Pillars in corners, too?

Do you still have water or has it been shut off?

There are existing floors on the ground. So you mean I should pull them out and build them up from scratch again?

I already have a wooden pillar to cover the SE corner, and it doesn't appear that the other corners can accommodate pillars.

Water is still around but probably not for long.