Giving Those Cool Arcade Machines A Use

YTDoc

I did a quick and cursory search and found nothing much on this topic being introduced into the main game so I figured I'd suggest another idea! I'm super passionate about the game so I'll keep 'em coming if you enjoy them. So I was thinking, recently on my own survival sandbox world I came upon arcade and pinball machines. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to POWER those arcade machines and use them for a little mood boost?

I was thinking something along the lines of this : 

• Once you've got the arcade machines (and the pinball machine), they are able to be powered just like any electronic - but only if you've got good enough electricity skill.
  • Once powered, the screen has a new "lighting" affect where it glows (maybe even give it some ambient arcade-game noises), and it eats up a fairly moderate amount of power.
  • Here's the kicker though, rather than just being able to spam out the machine to be happy all the time, you must -just like any other arcade machine- insert money into the machine to play which consumes the (currently useless junk item) money allowing you to use the machine once. This would not only give one building item, and one useless junk item a use, but give players a whole new reason to venture out and collect any dollar bills they find laying around - or even rob the banks!
  • If you wanted to go even further with it, maybe even make it to where over TIME using the arcade machine over and over would start to give diminishing returns - until eventually it would make you bored and you'd have to take a break before you could gain happiness and lose boredom from it.

I've tried to explain the idea in a balanced and game-functioning way that would hopefully catch the eye of any of you fine people with similar interests to mine. I'd love to hear feedback, and thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Once again, best of luck developing this great game!

- Doc

• 2 weeks later...