Water and Electricity Shutoff

NoLoGGic

In the settings for the sandbox the water and electricity shutoffs can be 0-30 days to 0-5 years then 2-6 and 6-12 months. I think it would be quite nice if you could choose to have the minimum slightly higher without needing the maximum to be so late, something like 15-45 days or similar. Even though it hasn't happened to me yet, I hear horror stories of people having their electricity and water shutting off within the first week and this seems terrifying. I would just like to have the option to not have to worry about that happening too early on in my game without feeling like, by the time it's going to happen, I'm gonna be pretty much fully set. Just an idea, lemme know what you think!

That happened to me on the first playthrough, was quite confused why the sink refused to fill my water bottles lol. I had already read about such things so it wasn't so much of a delightful surprise (still thought I had like 2 or 3 weeks not 1). Electricity is more important than water though, you can live off stealing water from the neighboring houses for quite some time until you get water dispensers and boil cooking pots. If you choose riverside and the lucky trait however, getting a generator and a stash of fuel by the first week is easy stuff.

Adding a minimum would make it less random, plus the first week is intensive Life and Living + bookworming week, I ain't got time to run around gas cans, cars, generators and rain barrels. Saving all the fresh produce and baked goods is the only distraction from my education. I got more cake than a hockey player fellas.

• 1 month later...

Completely agree with this. To build off of it I think there should be a "never" option in the water/electricity shut-off. Or just the option to fine tune it in general. I know it's a little unrealistic but after getting some solid hours into the game driving from my secluded base to the gas station and back to fill my generators can be tedious. 

yes

I only want a few more option added to feel it being enough.

Infinite.

Power off 5-10days after Z.

Instantly after a set story/lore beat is carried out. Like how TV's go off air. Stories of Los will being breached etc.

Really it should be the signal of civilization ending. Last straw or life line being cut off.

Best would be if on a multiplayer or even single player setting a power plant was part of the world and it was possible to regain power but only to a certain city of the map.But no real reason to turn it back on when farming and water is quite easy to manage.

Better would be to have big trailer generators spawn in that where able to power HUGH areas with. Having it run on diesel oil or something making it attractive to big survivor groups. And a fine price to raid big bases for!  Not useful for a single survivor but really good for big bases due to it being not a contested power source like gas is. Like military grade power source you get from the military emergency last stand effort or something something story. That can be easily keep power turned on like the power outage was not a thing at this bases.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:03 PM, Legoman9570 said:

Completely agree with this. To build off of it I think there should be a "never" option in the water/electricity shut-off. Or just the option to fine tune it in general. I know it's a little unrealistic but after getting some solid hours into the game driving from my secluded base to the gas station and back to fill my generators can be tedious. 

How? Not sure if I agree but I do not stick with the normal game modes. If going to the gas station to refuel your base is tedious. Then how is it fine that time fly and you get nothing done in 12hours in game? Having a base to far from cites or loot makes you spend more or less a hole day just traveling. Having to have rest stops for what in reality had taken at most 1h to travel IRL is just stupid. You fight the clock more then Zombies.

In reality the generators would use up more fuel then they do in game. It would be tedious if they where consuming real amounts. 

Setting the sandbox to 4h a day. (1h being standard) I can run 2-4 fridge setup for 2-3 days without being there. That is 8H of real life playtime before having to head back. Removing sleep there might be about just 5H. And since there are allot of jerrycans and decent transport vehicles around a trip to the gas station lasts many game session before having to refuel my base. Most of the time I got a dedicated vehicle for gas transport. 

But being limited to 1h days? Hell yea it would be tedious. Most things in PZ is tedious.  But having 6h days makes you feel like a OP prick. Unstoppable! So I settled to play at 0.25 speed. The action at 1.0 speed but the need for sleep at 0.25.  Skip most of the night time.   

Archived