Radio frequency list got reset on all radios after game restart

Falmingkitter

I found a radio with the emergency broadcast system channel preset, so I pick the radio up (a blue valutech radio) and keep it on my character. the next day (irl) I load the game, check my radio, and the preset is gone. Forgot to write the frequency down too.

Currently using the IWBUMS version 41 released at the time of writing. have not seen this bug reported before.

Edited by Falmingkitter
typo

• 1 month later...

I noticed this bug as well and did a bit of testing on it.  The bug occurs every time I pick up a radio using the "pick up" tool and then place it down again. The preset channels on the radio will be randomly set to a different set of channels. I was using a ValuTech radio, if that matters.

This bug could be exploited by repeatedly picking up and placing a radio until it has the channels you want.

IWBUMS 41, no mods

Version 41.53. No mods.

I'll try to be more specific with what is happening. Here are the exact steps I followed ...

1. Found a radio that had spawned on a counter top. Clicked on the radio then clicked on the drop-down menu below "Channel" to see the radio presets. Did NOT turn the radio on. Did NOT select another channel. Did NOT "tune in" (can't "tune in" with the radio off).

2. Clicked outside the radio box on the screen to close the drop-down menu. Clicked the X on the radio box to close it. Used the "pick up" tool to place the radio in my inventory.

3. Used the "place" tool to put the radio back on the counter top. Clicked on the radio then clicked on the "Channel" drop-down menu again to find the presets had changed.

4. Repeated the process again and got another set of presets, this time with the AEBS channel.

radio presets 2.png

radio presets 1.png