Inquiries of the Last Man Alive

ShadowDimentio

You and your small team of survivors had finally arrived at your destination, Muldraugh. There certainly wasn't much here as far as supplies were concerned, however among the survivor populous, there were faint rumors of a survivor that had seemingly done the impossible-- they built an entirely self-sufficient stronghold from the ground up, and to add even more to the argument of it being a mere legend, they had supossedly done it alone. It certainly seemed quite fantastical, but when your team set eyes upon the masterfully built wall that surrounded what was marked on the map as the stronghold, the team went silent in disbelief, until someone finally broke the pause.

"Hot damn, it was true." They mumbled, motioning for everyone to follow, "We don't have time to stand here staring at it, lets show ourselves in."

Your squad quickly climb over the fence, and slowly walk over to one of the windows and look in. With no one visible inside, you all slowly walk in, and declare nonagressive intentions, without a peep heard in response. A thorough search of the building is imidiately ordered, and an admonishingly small amount of supplies are left behind, with one of the few things left being a small journal. You and your team decide to read it, in the hopes of it fingering a location of the legendary survivor fellow...

Log One: September 5th

Woke up after a bump was heard last night, and now I can't sleep. Fuck it, I don't trust this house regardless. I've picked the place clean of whatever goodies it may have, and I've a feeling in my gut that there's someplace better in the northern part of town. This 'Warehouse' on the map looks roomy enough, so here's to hoping I'm not eaten before I get there.

Log Two: September 6th

Hot damn, was I right or was I right? This place is chock goddamn FULL of goodies, so much so that I've spent the better part of the day re-organizing it. Seemed like somebody else was living here before me, though, because I found a corpse leaned rather unnaturally on the door, like it was trying to get in. Was fresh, too-- zeds hadn't eaten any of it yet, and it still felt a little warm. Wasn't even severely injured, either. Poor bastard must've got struck with a bad fever, or overdosed to escape zombification. Can't blame 'im, no sirree I cannot.

Log Three: September 8th

This place is quite secure, and the several corpses scattering the area around it (the stationary kind, not the walking verity) implies that this other fop did some 'cleaning up' before falling over dead. How thoughtful of him! But yeah, everything here's set. I've gone on and barricaded the ground-floor windows with the wood I got from felling one of the nearby trees (there was an axe, hammer, saw, and a whole bunch of nails in the various crates), so I'm feeling even more secure. I also, thankfully, found a watering can and a little shovel thingy for gardening, so pair that with the seed packets I have, and water barrels I could make, and I think I could get a pretty sweet setup running.

Log Four: September 9th

Yeesh, farming is hard! After digging a couple uniform little rows for planting, and building a couple barrels for gathering water, I'm completely exhausted, and that was at noon! By some miracle I held myself together and planted what I've calculated to be 144 whole potato plants! Oh man, I'm getting hungry just thinking about all those potatos! They're just little babies right now, but eventually, after some long and tender care, I'll have enough food to last me a year!.. If only the warehouse had a fridge...

Log Five: September 13th

I don't really feel secure while I'm tending the garden any more, so I figured it was due time I enclosed the sucker! I've begun building a large wall to encircle the farm, but only after finishing the first section I realized what a fucking awful builder I am. Goddamn thing looked like it was held together by spit and broken hopes. For an ex-construction worker, it's really quite shameful. I guess I don't work as well when I don't have the foreman screaming at me every chance he gets. Maybe that's why they were always so angry?

Log Six: September 16th

Construction continues on the wall! I've finished the lower left corner of the wall, but it still looks quite shabby. I think I'm starting to get a little better, though, so I might be able to re-do it some day. In other news, my food supplies are falling, but my potato harvest is coming up soon. I've taken very good care of them, and, with any luck, the harvest will be a bountiful one. Yum, I can't wait!

Log Seven: September 18th

Woo! The harvest was a bounding sucess! I now have well over a hundred odd potatoes to eat! French fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, I'm gonna be eating good tonight! I sampled a few as a reward for my hard work, and they're very filling and tasty, although I do wish that I had some cabbage so I could make a salad...

Log Eight: September 19th

I don't have time to waste between building the wall and sleeping, so I paused construction of the wall for a bit and planted various things for salads. Currently, there's a row of cabbage, radishes, and carrots, respectively. I'm quite unfamiliar with the growing techniques, so I'm just winging it and hoping for the best. Wish me luck.

Log Nine: September 21st

The potato supplies are still strong, however I need more nonperishables and some things for cooking. According to the map, there's a whole bunch of stores down the street, and with my weapon cashe still being absolutely massive, I think it's about time I take a little trip down to the Pile of Crepe Pancake House.

Log Ten: September 22nd

The growing for the whole group of plants was ruined because I left for that scavenging trip. It was a sucess, and I got everything I needed and then some, but I lost all of my cabages, and the radishes and carrots look awful too. That does it, everything else can wait until I figure out what I'm going to do with these fucking plants.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

• 3 weeks later...

Log Nine: September 21st

The potato supplies are still strong, however I need more nonperishables and some things for cooking. According to the map, there's a whole bunch of stores down the street, and with my weapon cashe still being absolutely massive, I think it's about time I take a little trip down to the Pile of Crepe Pancake House.

It's spelt cache, but otherwise, this is a great story :D

Archived